The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T Scholars Sisters

sgtdjones 2017-04-29 14:12:15 

T&T scholars

Trisha David 17 years old presently living in Titusville, Florida is one of Brevard County Top Scholars.

She was accepted by various Ivy league Universities but preferred the University of Miami.

Professor Harris wants her to work in his Lab with students who are in their 3rd year at the University.

She has already completed two years at the University online.

Trisha David

sgtdjones 2017-04-29 14:19:35 

Her sister a former Brevard County Top Scholar, is now 23 years old, a medical doctor and a Researcher at the University of Freiburg, Germany.

She was given the scholarship to attend the University of Freiburg Faculty of Medicine (German Medizinische Fakultät der Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg) is the medical school and dental school of the University of Freiburg and forms university's biomedical research unit together with the University Medical Center Freiburg. The faculty was founded in 1457 as one of Germany's oldest and is regarded among its most distinguished.

sgtdjones 2017-04-29 14:20:49 

How do I know about these two attractive young ladies

They are my cousins from Trinidad.

cool cool cool

black 2017-04-29 16:22:53 

In reply to sgtdjones

Awesome.

BeatDball 2017-04-29 17:28:21 

In reply to sgtdjones Outstanding...hey, I have some handsome nephews, sah!
big grin wink

sgtdjones 2017-04-29 19:26:34 

In reply to BeatDball

Check out her picture

Maybe we can make a deal big grin big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2017-04-29 22:37:32 

Allison Schroeder, a 1997 Melbourne High grad, co-wrote the screenplay for "Hidden Figures."

At FLORIDA TODAY's awards breakfast Thursday morning for the county's top scholars, Vanessa Schroeder — mother of Allison Schroeder, who wrote the screenplay for Hidden Figures — had great advice for some of Brevard's most accomplished high school seniors.

Even her daughter, who graduated from Melbourne High School and has seen many successes since reaching silver screen fame, had hurdles to overcome, she assured the group. Vanessa Schroeder told them how even growing up on the Space Coast with grandparents who previously worked at NASA, Allison had a tough time convincing producers she was the writer for the job.

Students, administrators, parents and teachers from every public high school from Titusville to Palm Bay, as well as Melbourne Central Catholic, Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy and Florida Preparatory Academy, gathered at the newspaper's headquarters in Melbourne to celebrate Brevard's top graduating seniors and the adults who helped them get there.

problemjay 2017-04-30 00:16:09 

In reply to sgtdjones

Congrats to them

BeatDball 2017-04-30 09:59:31 

In reply to sgtdjones Lovely! The nephew that I have in mind is at hunter college...he's going to go to medical school. Picture the former aussie player, Andrew symmonds....u think Trisha might be interested?! Remember, my family is all mixed up - we have: afros, indos, douglas, mulattos, etc!

sgtdjones 2017-04-30 10:52:39 

In reply to BeatDball

My family gats all nations in it. From Muslim, afros,douglas, british even Guyanese like snoopy.LOL
So it will not be a problem.

Trisha is like her sister, medical research is her forte.She wants to attend the University of Freiburg.The University of Freiburg is one of Europe’s strongest research universities. Thanks to its broad spectrum of academic fields, the University has great potential for innovative fundamental research – both at the core of individual disciplines and in collaborative interdisciplinary research.

Many outstanding achievements by Freiburg researchers have received research awards. The University of Freiburg has been the scientific home of nineteen Nobel laureates and fifteen Leibniz Prize recipients to date.

sgtdjones 2017-04-30 22:01:12 

In reply to BeatDball

Her great grandfather name was Dravid but the brits couldn't spell so they called him David.

lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2017-05-05 12:28:11 

In reply to BeatDball

She was named valedictorian with a 4.5 GPA last night .

cool cool cool

POINT 2017-05-05 18:22:16 

In reply to sgtdjones

Congratulations to Your Cousins ,on their achievments . There is a
Young woman from T &T who has a
PHD in Law & Teaches at a University in Miami .