The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

JetBlue booted his family over a B/day cake?

RemainsUnknown 2017-05-15 09:50:56 

Say it isn't so......

Passenger says JetBlue booted his family from flight over a birthday cake...

This is getting way out of hand now

BeachBum 2017-05-15 16:57:32 

When in doubt, tell some lies on the passenger.

Drapsey 2017-05-15 18:00:28 

In reply to BeachBum

I read the story yesterday and left with mixed feelings.

Firstly, carrying a Birthday Cake on a flight is just looking for trouble. Boarding, storage, deplaning, somewhere there something is bound to breakdown.

Secondly, in the past when the customer was the all important element in a passenger (customer) / flight (airline) relationship, whatever the passenger (customer) said was gospel. Now everything is reversed.

I live in Georgia and make annual trips to Pennsylvania and New York. I just load up my car and go.

BeachBum 2017-05-16 13:05:48 

In reply to Drapsey

Firstly, carrying a Birthday Cake on a flight is just looking for trouble. Boarding, storage, deplaning, somewhere there something is bound to breakdown.

Drapsey I was thinking the same thing, but since was bought from a store, I assume it was in a box. Either way, it is silly to travel with a cake in a box. It is bound to get damaged.

I live in Georgia and make annual trips to Pennsylvania and New York. I just load up my car and go.

I love the long distance driving. Haven't done it in a while now though. However, sometimes it makes more sense. No having to get to the airport hours ahead. No checkpoint. No sitting and waiting at the gate. No herding off the plane. All that is time-wasting, if you ask me. Plus you can stop and buy whatever you want for lunch and not overpay for it.

Drapsey 2017-05-16 15:03:17 

In reply to BeachBum

Thanks for agreeing with all of my points, implied or conferred.