The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Why R Wimbledon tickets so difficult to obtain??

Dukes 2017-07-09 18:53:07 

The US and French open you go on line and buy them.As a matter of fact at the US Open you just show up at the BJK Center in the first week and buy your tickets.
Wimbledon requires a lottery.Utter POPPYCOCK as they say but we Guyanese seh dat dem deh pon SKUNT!!!!!
I refuse to line up from the night before and stand in a line for 8 hours or any such nonsense.

steveo 2017-07-09 18:59:32 

In reply to Dukes

I refuse to line up from the night before and stand in a line for 8 hours or any such nonsense.

Well give somebady a raise to do it nah big spender

Dukes 2017-07-09 19:06:52 

In reply to steveo

Well give somebady a raise to do it nah big spender

The person buying the ticket has to have ID and the ticket is issued to that person with their name.I would therefore need to have a look alike present my ID in order to get thru.In view of the fact that you seem versed in that kind of chicanery,can you organize things for me?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Halliwell 2017-07-09 19:35:50 

In reply to Dukes

Like Henley regatta
Like royal Ascot
It's now the place at which to be seen
Bunch of nouveau riche

steveo 2017-07-09 20:17:00 

In reply to Dukes

Young man, since the iPhone there have been professional "spot-keepers" for waiting queues.

Your thinking is not right.

tops 2017-07-09 20:33:18 

In reply to Dukes
B4 u waste all that time and money, better u get a new TV, aint?

Devin 2017-07-09 20:44:18 

Because Wimbledon is for tennis connoisseurs and tennis royalty. Not for stupid Americans who yell in between points, and cheer for faults and double faults.

ProWI 2017-07-09 22:22:09 

In reply to Dukes

If you are a real Venus fan out to see some tennis history being made, you'd get in the damn line and wait.

mikesiva 2017-07-10 05:07:42 

In reply to Dukes

The process of getting tickets for Wimbledon is crap....

We had to apply for tickets from about April. They tell us to send a self-addressed envelope, and how many tickets you want. Then, the months pass by, and they don't answer you. They prefer to sell tickets to their friends, and hold back a few, for the plebs to camp out in tents overnight, and queue on the off-chance they can be lucky. I'm not into that....

It's happened to my friends too. It's an antiquated system. When I went to the London Diamond League yesterday, it was so much easier. I can buy tickets to that online.

Wimbledon is an antiquated tournament that's still doing things the way they did it before World War Two. The only way I got tickets was last year , when it rained so much in the first week that they were forced to schedule matches on the rest day Sunday (another antiquated tradition!). And, lo and behold, the tickets for that day were held online, in a live auction, and I got my tickets to see Tsonga vs Isner and Bacsinsky vs Pavlyuchenkova, and the Bryan brothers in doubles.

But sadly, there was no rain this first week, so I went to track and field athletics instead....

Yamfoot 2017-07-10 07:11:41 

That is how it was for World Cup Cricket too.