The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Road map for CARICOM/ WICBC Deal

Emir 2017-07-18 18:10:33 

CARICOM should offer amnesty for the officers/executives/board directors and all associated with the WICBC over the years- CARICOM should publicly offer amnesty from prosecution if they voluntary step down and disband the WICBC or whatever other name they are calling themselves.

As mentioned here many times, past and current executives of the WICBC have engaged in public deceit, and if an audit is done many will face criminal charges.

The so called players amnesty is only a gimmick by the WICBC to throw off CARICOM action and win public support form those idiots who still give credence and recognition to that organization.

POINT 2017-07-18 19:33:44 

In reply to Emir

I would only agree if they are all banned for Life from having anything to do with Cricket .

They received Taxpayers help when they wanted to host the 2007 World Cup , yet the Bums bluntly refused to have
serious Structural Changes in the Structure of the Worst International
Cricket Board in the Commonwealth .

Emir 2017-07-18 20:45:31 

In reply to POINT

I

would only agree if they are all banned for Life from having anything to do with Cricket .

Agreed.

I feel there is a small window and if CARICOM and the fans cannot dismantle the WICBC, I am afraid WI cricket will disappear altogether.

WestDem 2017-07-18 20:57:43 

CARICOM is the reason WI cricket is where it is today, suh allyuh stfu! Nuff allyuh enjoy de good times! cool

POINT 2017-07-19 22:27:08 

In reply to Emir

You may be right , however , as I see it the Opening Batsman is Prime Minister Rowley . My understanding is that he has been told that he does indeed have Legal Standing to take the
WICBC/CWI to Court .

If the Court certifies that PM. Rowley does indeed have Standing to take the WICBC/CWI to Court , then the Game is over .

Because it will mean Players also have standing ; and They will obviously take the WICBC/CWI to Court
if they are of the opinion that the
WICBC/CWI has done something that they & their Legal Representatives believe is a matter to be settled in Court .

In essence if it is decided that indeed PM.Rowley does have standing ,
The WICBC/CWI is going to be fair game for a Series of Lawsuits from their Employees .

The end result is that as I have stated the Flood Gates will be open Forever . Worse yet the WICBC/CWI will lose most of the Power they
currently enjoy .

That would be very good for West Indies Cricket ; but the Emperor & his Minions will quickly find out that No One in the Region will be afraid of their now perceived Power , because it will only be a Figment of the Imagination of the Emperor & his Minions .

The International Cricket Crooks will
also take a big hit , with People laughing at the fact that its utterance about Governments not intervening in Cricket is akin to a
Toothless Tiger , All Bark , but No Bite .

I am reminded of the famous or infamous Adage , depending on One's
Perspective :

" POWER CORRUPTS ; AND ABSOLUTE

POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY ".

POINT 2017-07-19 22:43:33 

My take is that this is likely to spread to all other Cricket Playing Countries in the World .

Their Cricket Boards may also find their Power being diluted , and having to hire Lawyers to represent them from
an Avalanche of Law Suits .

Perhaps this is why the Emperor is trying to make nice with his statement regarding Temporary Amnesty . When the
Emperor et al appear in Court , sure
they will be wearing Clothes , but in terms of Power , they will be Naked , & Toothless .

Perhaps only then it may dawn on them
that it did not have to come to this , but their refusal to be serious regarding the Recommendations of the
Several Reports they Commissioned will have in the end have the last laugh at their Utter Arrogance .

Kay 2017-07-19 22:51:38 

In reply to Emir

I feel there is a small window and if CARICOM and the fans cannot dismantle the WICBC, I am afraid WI cricket will disappear altogether

I don't understand what some of you really want?

You want the WICBC dismantled and then in the same breath you are afraid that they disappear altogether......

POINT 2017-07-19 22:54:27 

In reply to WestDem

One Question , TRUE OR FALSE ,

WHO DID THE WICBC TURN TO WHEN IT

WANTED TO HOST THE 2007 WORLD CUP ???

WAS THE 2007 CRICKET WORLD CUP

SUCCESSFUL ????

I cite the above to illustrate the fact that the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth are
indebted to the People in the Region
from a Monetary perspective .

Yet it has failed to do what needs to be done to make Our Team & Players the Best in the World especially in the longer versions of the game .

My take is that They Owe the People
in the Region a Competitive Team , in
the International Cricket Arena , they have yet to deliver that to the
People in the Region .

Kay 2017-07-19 23:13:42 

In reply to POINT

WAS THE 2007 CRICKET WORLD CUP

SUCCESSFUL ????

A big fat NOOOO!!! I don't know why you keep repeating this lie..

READ HERE AND SEE IF YOU GET IT

POINT 2017-07-19 23:49:48 

In reply to Kay

I read in print that the 2007 World Cup was a Big Success , so much so
that the WICBC was able to pay back 10 million dollars that it stated that it had borrowed from Someone .

Now that is what I read , I did not hear any refutation regarding that Article . As I stated , the article
I read was put out by the WICBC , and
Your Good Friend , the Emperor was also in the WICBC at that time .

This is the very first time that I am seeing the Article in the link you supplied .

Emir 2017-07-20 08:15:07 

In reply to Kay

I don't understand what some of you really want?

You want the WICBC dismantled and then in the same breath you are afraid that they disappear altogether......

Ahhh..... now I see, where some of you get confused.

We want to rid the region of the WICBC- in order to save CRICKET in the region. The WICBC is not cricket- cricket is beyond the boundary for us west indians.

The WICBC is an evil institution: a colonial legacy that has ruled all matters cricket and it is a cesspool of corruption, hatred, arrogance, indiscipline and inefficiency.

When we get rid of the WICBC, a new structure to govern the sport will be implemented with all the stakeholders involved.

Transparency, Accountability, Efficiency, Effectiveness, Stakeholder Involvement.

POINT 2017-07-20 09:35:39 

In reply to Emir

I fully endorse what You have stated here .

Controversy 2017-07-20 14:47:44 

In reply to Kay

You're confusing the sport and it's players and it's existence within the icc framework with the corrupt institution the wicbc ....

The entity can be closed and reformed and reconfigured to operate fairly and above board without the need of autocrats like Cameron who is consumed with his own affairs and not those of West Indies cricket in general.

What Cameron doesn't want you to know is West Indies can function well and attain a profit or become profitable and successful...

Keeping it the way it is, means they can pocket more money and control things where our best players are alienated and the house negroes and Indians can benefit without any impunity..

You need to get rid of that structure, Rowley talks big but will he follow through, he's a politician so you cannot trust him as well..

We have to be careful the regional governments don't hijack it and do the same thing, share the spoils as they say...

I think odi and 20/20 needs to be separate nations and tests only played together as a West Indian team..

imusic 2017-07-20 14:55:35 

Administration in any endeavour is a thankless occupation

POINT 2017-07-20 15:47:12 

In reply to Controversy

You are absolutely correct in your
Assessment .Unfortunately the Sycophants of the WICBC/CWI will always support Mediocrity .

Emir 2017-07-20 19:32:46 

In reply to imusic

Administration in any endeavour is a thankless occupation

No it is not and what motivates you to make this general statement about "Administration" when we are talking specifically about the WICBC?

Don't confuse an organization- the WICBC with a business function- administration.

POINT 2017-07-20 19:41:42 

In reply to WestDem

I really did not mean to run You off this Post ; however I am still awaiting an Answer from You regarding my Question .

Some People have rather Short Memories
Some People conveniently Forget , but
I guess that's Life .

POINT 2017-07-21 12:01:00 

In reply to Controversy

I am in total Agreement with what You have stated .Unfortunately many people are steeped in the B.S that the WICBC/CWI perpetually states .

They have become so brainwashed that they belief that the WICBC/ CWI is irreplaceable . NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH .