The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Fuzzy, I just listened to the three BCA candidates

openning 2017-07-18 21:52:20 

They are all figure heads, with no vision.
It seem as though, they are running for the president of a community club, hoping years of experience will get them elected.
The acting president, seem to have more insight of where he would like the BCA to go, than King or Riley.
The youngster running as a VP, would get my vote.
This is 2017, not 1950, any president of an association has to sell himself to the voting block, as to what he would like to accomplish during his tenure.
I did not hear that, during the show.
If you look at mats, does the BCA has a depreciation period for these mats? and replace them every 5-8 years?

Khaga 2017-07-18 22:13:50 

In reply to openning

Accomplice is right..even if it is not your intended word.. lol

openning 2017-07-18 22:19:25 

In reply to Khaga
Corrected

Khaga 2017-07-18 22:20:47 

In reply to openning

I wasn't picking on you..many of these admins want to be accomplices.. lol

openning 2017-07-18 22:41:01 

In reply to Khaga
I spent this evening listening to a 26 years old youngster running for the VP of the BCA, on the Mason show, then 11/2 hours listening to three guys, running for the President, on another show.
It is like these guys are running for the president of a cricket club in Toronto, Calgary or Arizona

che 2017-07-18 22:57:29 

In reply to openning

Arizona

Insane McCain prolly mistek dem fe Vlad in coon drag and off dem...

lol lol lol

openning 2017-07-18 23:00:49 

In reply to che
Khaga is a big cricketer in that state

lol lol lol

hawk 2017-07-18 23:27:26 

In reply to openning

BCA is an organisation stuck in precolonial times there is no vision to develop our cricket to test standard, the whole structure is in need of relevancy to meet modern demands, no growth since the 1970s for that reason our last true test class batsmen was Desmond Haynes

Logic 2017-07-19 08:38:00 

In reply to hawk

BCA is still well ahead of the other territory bodies. At least give them credit for being the first to introduce player retainer contracts - ahead of the PCL. Give them some credit too for the first time in decades nurturing two middle order batsmen in Shai Hope and Chase who are likely to anchor WI cricket for a long time (probably have to go back to Seymour Nurse's time for when that last happened). Perhaps also give them credit for producing enough cricketers of quality (albeit relative to current wi standards) to be able to export players like Raymon Reifer, Roshon Primus, Kyle Hope and Kyle Mayers, all of whom have represented other Caribbean teams with distinction.

openning 2017-07-19 09:20:13 

In reply to Logic

Take a walk from the oval to the historic cricket museum, and then tell me, if the BCA has done enough, to just get players into the WICB or territorial board's team.
When last has we produced a Dessie or a Malcolm?
I saw this decline, watching a game years ago, when Roland Holder was wicketkeeping in a 1st division game for Empire.
I questioned Bessie, who was doing live commentary at that time about it
It seems to me that day, that cricket was devalue, the proud history was overtaken, for a Saturday evening at Bank Hall, for fans to see Roland keeping wicket.
Something that can be discussed on the corner the next week.
I was disappointed then, as I told Bessie, and continue to be disappointed, with the introduction of Elite and 1st division, and the demotion and promotion.

sudden 2017-07-19 09:29:42 

In reply to openning

you seem to know the problems and the solutions.

why dont you go back and get involved.

i would support you

Logic 2017-07-19 09:49:01 

In reply to openning

Why tell Bessie. Was he in administration? Everybody got talk. It cheap. All I am saying is if BCA was so horrible the other territories would be leaping ahead of us. That is not happening. Harping back to the old days is not helpful. In the old days fellas used to play marble cricket, beach cricket, road cricket, stick cricket....When last you drive around Barbados and had to slow down to let the youngsters remove box stumps from the road to let you pass. If youngster try to play some cricket on a lot of roads in Barbados they will sooner get lick down by a car than a ball.

Time that we realise that it was a small miracle that a few million people from an economically deprived part of the world produced so many good cricketers for so long. The fact that we dominated as a team for some time as well was slightly less of a miracle and more about opportunity and timing - the county game. That door was closed on us and we ourselves shut the door on the SA was that was opening up.

If you think you can make a difference come and make your contribution, but I hope you have a better offering than reversing the decisions on Elite division / demotions etc because our cricket was declining relative to international standards well before those measure were in place.

tc1 2017-07-19 11:42:13 

In reply to sudden

BINGO, heis behaving like the POINT

lol lol lol lol lol

Devin 2017-07-19 14:22:04 

Fuzzy has gone into hiding since Federer won Wimbledon.

hawk 2017-07-19 23:36:17 

In reply to Logic

Firstly i don't measure my success against who is behind me in development i take no solace in being better than those behind me i look to who is ahead and try to catch them, the Englands, South Africa, Australia, these are the territories i want to match in standard. i am not saying nothing was done, I am saying more could be done and as a result, we have lost ground, we are barely ahead of the others in the west indies, retainer contracts are ok but i would rather see a semi professional league across all formats for the elite division where all players get paid. we have to produce test players at our elite division level

pelon 2017-07-20 09:36:44 

In reply to hawk

i take no solace in being better than those behind me i look to who is ahead and try to catch them

So very well said.

+++

tc1 2017-07-20 11:45:06 

My homie with the longest resume running for office again.

sgtdjones 2017-07-20 12:31:01 

In reply to tc1

Lord Nelson tc1

So who is gonna win?

tc1 2017-07-20 17:14:24 

In reply to sgtdjones

my money is on King

sgtdjones 2017-07-20 17:16:52 

In reply to tc1

Gats any info about him?

I am interested in his background, he is not a third cousin of Conde huh?

lol lol lol lol

tc1 2017-07-20 18:24:28 

In reply to sgtdjones

I have not lived in Bim since a teen, so my information may not be current. he made the Bim team as wk-kp while a teenager, he served as head of the sports council for many years.

Fuzz will have his current resume for you to review.