The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Thank Heavens for Donald Trump

sudden 2017-08-17 07:35:58 

there comes a time in a country's existence when it needs a leader like Trump representative of those who voted for him. it is a snapshot of where the country is at that moment in time so to speak. in that regard view it like the maturation process of a person.

there is infancy, terrible teens, early adulthood, actual adulthood, late adulthood when you finally realise how little you know, middle age when think about all the wasted opportunities and regrets, old age when it is too late, and then expiration.

in terms of being a country America is not that old but as they say only the good die young, never regret something that made you happy, and just because something ends doesn't mean it never should have been, remember you lived, you learned, you grew and you moved on.

America is there or thereabouts

pelon 2017-08-17 07:41:16 

In reply to sudden

There is infancy, terrible, teens, early adulthood, actual adulthood, late adulthood when you finally realise how little you know, middle age when think about all the wasted opportunities and regrets, old age when it is too late, and then expiration.

They say the good dies young, never regret something that made you happy, and just because something ends doesn't mean it never should have been, remember you lived you learned, you grew and you moved on.

Well good morning Bro, 99.37% of wot you said is for yuh mirror and nutting tuh do with America.

Introspection???

Courtesy 2017-08-17 07:43:12 

In reply to sudden

Word.

Life is an accumulation of experiences. And we all have our entrances and exists but the world does not stop rotating when we take our final bow on stage.

Amurka moves on after Trump and the country will be all the more richer with the experience it gained from his presidency.

sudden 2017-08-17 07:55:09 

In reply to pelon

without introspection humankind is neither human nor kind

sudden 2017-08-17 07:55:18 

In reply to pelon

on a personal level, yes i remember when you could buy a cokes for 21 cents with a bottle and 25 without

sudden 2017-08-17 07:56:06 

In reply to pelon

i regret marrying at least one of my wives but should have married the last one first.

in terms of America, i dont think it is dying, it is not quite there yet. Trump is a fighter

nick2020 2017-08-17 08:27:12 

In reply to sudden

I think it is more akin to a business.

Motorola. Nokia. Once giant companies did not pivot with the changing times. Cellphones are still popular just not Lenovo/Motorola or the reborn Nokia former Microsoft.

America is clinging to its guns and religion.

DAVE400 2017-08-17 08:32:49 

Trump is the crowning glory of media's role in democracy...starting with George Dubya's reign and the constant barrage of terror and islamophobia...

That, to me, emboldened the ultra right and gave their bigotry a safe outlet ...soft targets...kill those sand niggers...

The fundament of the war on terror was rock solid bigotry...and this mindset was stoked and nurtured in the media...

Obama, a black president, was not crass in his comments but he bombed enough towelheads to keep that hate alive...but he was also the target of that hate and that hate found another medium...a social one...and it found activism...

By then it was too late to stop a bolting horse...

I look at the media now trying on one hand to condemn Nazism...while still parading anonymous brown faces labelled "terror masterminds"...

POINT 2017-08-17 09:30:39 

My take is that the fact that President Obama , an African American
got 2 Terms as President of the USA ,
shocked and awakened the seething &
bubbling undercurrent of RACISM that is in bedded in the United States of America .

It is this seething undercurrent , that has manifested itself , in the
resurfacing of the KLU KLUX KLAN ; the
Nazi Party and the Right Wing Kooks .

All this is also due to the inevitable fact that in America ; White Men are fast becoming a Minority . Perhaps that is why Trump
latched on to the slogan :

" MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN " .

As I have continuously stated in this
Forum , when People decide to Vote for Feces , they have only themseves
to blame when Feces fall on them .

The rise of Trump , is simply a backlash , as the continuous Pendulum
swings Forwards & Backwards . I believe that millions of people in the USA believe that President Obama
was born in Africa .

Even if that was true , that would not have disqualified him from being a Candidate for the Presidency , his late mother was an American Citizen .

POINT 2017-08-17 09:46:26 

Make absolutely no mistake ; the Presidency of Donald Trump was spawned
by the Republicans in Congress who did
their utmost to make President Obama
fail .

They refused his many invitations to go to the White House , or cooperate
with his Policies . They decided to dance with the Trump , forgetting that
they are ultimately going to be judged
by their endorsement of Trump .

Never mind the fact that Trump is mired in a lot of controversy , regarding his Finances & Business Dealings ; also the Hacking of the
Democratic Party's Headquarters .
The Republican Party decided to Ride
the Tiger .

Next year around this time WE will
have some idea whether that Tiger has
devoured them to the point where the
Public has stated Enough is Enough , and vote most of them out of Office .

sudden 2017-08-17 12:28:42 

a truck was driven into a crowd in Barcelona Spain. i wonder if they were both wrong

powen001 2017-08-17 21:09:33 

In reply to POINT

My take is that the fact that President Obama , an African American
got 2 Terms as President of the USA ,
shocked and awakened the seething &
bubbling undercurrent of RACISM that is in bedded in the United States of America .

It is this seething undercurrent , that has manifested itself , in the
resurfacing of the KLU KLUX KLAN ; the
Nazi Party and the Right Wing Kooks .

All this is also due to the inevitable fact that in America ; White Men are fast becoming a Minority . Perhaps that is why Trump
latched on to the slogan :

" MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN " .

Yup.. thats been my take too

powen001 2017-08-17 21:14:29 

In reply to sudden

Sorry... You believe that Donald Trump is the catalyst?

No sir...Obamas presidency ...Tea Party - Donald Trump...

Its Obama who riled them up from inception...

Have you not seen how many of them said to leave the Health care alone but KILL OBAMA care??

not realizing that they are one and the same? The racist bastards just want to forget and erase anything that reminds them of Obama in their bottomless ignorance.

Trump is merely the idiot to champion them.

POINT 2017-08-17 21:38:10 

In reply to powen001

I am sure that you would have noticed
that the Klu Klux Klan , have been emboldened to no longer cover their
heads with their Cone topped Hoods .

That obviously is because their Boy is
now the President of the United States
of America .

BTW , as I have stated in this Forum recently , in the event that You may have missed it , Fred Trump , Donald's Father was arrested in NYC in the 1920's during a Klu Klux Klan
Parade .

My take is that Trump is looking for a Country that he can wage war against , to have the People in America rally against, while forgetting his Troubles with the Special Prosecutor Mueller .

I have absolutely no doubt that he is going to employ this strategy in an effort to make most people rally around the Commander in Chief .

His hope is that by doing this , any
effort to Impeach him will be shut down as he hopes that his popularity
will soar . I do not believe that Strategy will work .

There are some major hurdles that will
be exceedingly difficult to overcome .First is if there is any collusion between the Trump Campaign & the Russians regarding the Hacking of the Democratic Party Campaign Headquarters .

Then there is Trump's business dealing with the Russians , contrary
to US Government Policies .

In the mix also , is the firing of Comey , As I have stated elsewhere in this Forum , Special Prosecutor Mueller has wide latitude regarding
his investigation , all that is required of him is to show that all that I have cited above are connected to each other .

Let me again remind you , in the event that you do not know , or do not remember . The Impeachment of Bill Clinton was about the White Water Deal , however that was not why
Bill Clinton was impeached .

Clinton was impeached because HIS
Semen was found on the Blue Dress of
Monica Lewinsky ; now this had absolutely nothing to do with White
Water , but the Republicans were out
for Clinton's head , and his semen on
Monica Lewinsky's blue dress provided them with the opportunity to Impeach
Clinton . Fortunately for Clinton , because the Democrats were in control
of Congress ; Clinton was not removed
from the Presidency .

POINT 2017-08-17 22:19:57 

In reply to powen001

Very well stated , the Republicans
would like to erase everything that
President Obama did .

In essence they would like to obliterate any & everything President
Obama did .

The reason why in Foreign Affairs ,
Obama was passive is due to the fact that if he declared war on any Country , the Republicans in both the
House of Representatives & in the Senate would not vote for money to finance any wars .

They would have left him out on a limb . If you do not believe that ;
ask yourself why Obama nominated a man to be on the Supreme Court , and the Republicans bluntly refused to vote on the man's nomination .

Yes RACISM was a major element in their decision , to leave Obama's
nominee twisting slowly in the Wind .
As long as I live , I will never ever vote for anyone in the Republican Party .

I hope that most Americans will soon understand that apart from Racism , the Members of the Republican Party in their Individual & Collective Lust for Power decided to throw in their lot with Trump .

Many of them are politically deathly afraid to hop off Trump's wagon for fear they might be Politically crushed .

Checkout :

BILL MOYERS ; THE RUSSIAN TIME LINE

BY STEPHEN HARPER , IT IS VERY

INFORMATIVE .