The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Gotta love me Trini's hahahahaha

sgtdjones 2017-09-08 10:35:43 

Gotta love me Trini's hahahahaha

Jail for sniffing cocaine to climb tall coconut trees

A MAN who climbs coconut trees for a living, confessed on Wednesday to a magistrate in San Fernando that some of the trees were so high, he used cocaine to climb them.

Jason Santokee, 57, of Williamsville, pleaded guilty before magistrate Cherril-Anne Antoine and was sent to jail for six months for possession of .29 grammes of cocaine.

He told the magistrate he is addicted to cocaine, after she reminded him he has 14 previous convictions for cocaine possession.

razz razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2017-09-08 10:37:19 

Santokee pleaded with the police officers, “Give me a chance.” Antoine asked Santokee if he was addicted to cocaine and he replied, “Something so.” He then told the magistrate that he climbs coconut trees for vendors. “And I does use the cocaine to climb them tall coconut trees.

It is not an easy thing,” Santokee said. “But you have 14 previous convictions.

Have you tried to get help?” Antoine asked. Santokee persisted, “I does use it to climb them tall coconut trees.” Antoine ordered him to serve the sentence with hard labour and advised that upon completion, he should seek to enroll himself in a rehabilitation programme.

hahahahaha This Trini creative

He should be in Parliament.

razz razz razz razz

Dukes 2017-09-08 13:21:00 

In reply to sgtdjones

Funny indeed!!!

However, on a serious note, sentencing this guy to 6 months imprisonment with hard labor is a complete waste of time and money and does not address the underlying problem.
The magistrate realizes the problem and asks him if he tried to get help. That is mind boggling to me.

INSANITY= Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

imusic 2017-09-08 13:25:18 

In reply to Dukes

The law as it stands is more about punishment. Not rehabilitation

It will take a major societal pardigm shift....not to mention change in statutes, to hand down an appropriate sentence in such cases