HEADLINE: Qualifier not an embarrassing route, argues Holder

Pages: previous  1  2 
link Khaga Joined: Mar 29, 2016
9/15/17 2:41:57 PM 
In reply to Tryangle

Be embarrassed if you fail to qualify.

What's embarrassing if you fail to qualify? You tried atleast..

link Tryangle Joined: Jul 11, 2004
9/15/17 3:00:18 PM 
In reply to Khaga

Being the prohibitive favourite, and failing to qualify, could be seen as an embarrassment. So if the Windies fail to reach the WC then I can see why it would be seen that way.

If it was Sri Lanka in this predicament, then I'd expect the discussion forums there to have a similar tone.

In reply to natty_forever

.... that's like Federer playing qualifiers.

lol

although it's funny also to think that Windies are similar to R-Fed right now. Maybe 1997-era Agassi?

link natty_forever Joined: Apr 28, 2003
9/15/17 3:01:45 PM 
In reply to Tryangle... not similar, just thinking the great Fed playing in qualifiers for a grand slam. Unimaginable!

link rubberd Joined: Apr 2, 2010
9/15/17 4:45:55 PM 
In reply to tc1

I did not say that Jason was responsible. I blame the administration. Jason Holder period as captain is just a coincidence as it occurred after India and is the start of the free fall in rankings.

The ppl at Wiki puts it this way.

Cricket after ICC World Cup 2015[edit]
West Indies would not play a One Day International after World Cup 2015 until after 30 September, which caused them to be eliminated from the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy. A scheduled Triangular series with Zimbabwe and Pakistan was cancelled after the Pakistan Cricket Board refused to risk their hard-earned spot in the same competition. West Indies' first game after World Cup was against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka whitewashed West Indies in both Test and ODI series as 2–0 and 3–0 respectively, which cause them to fall down the rankings.

Link Text

link imusic Joined: Nov 13, 2002
9/15/17 4:58:02 PM 
Neither here nor there

He would be criticized if he said he was embarrassed

He's criticized when he says he's not embarrassed

At the end of the day, we have to qualify. The focus should be on ensuring qualification. Not whether you embarrassed or not

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2