The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

THE THREE PLAGUES OF WI CRICKET

thefacts 2017-09-19 03:45:11 

there are THREE separate ISSUES THAT PLAGUE WI CRICKET:

1. THE WICB MAFIA - Irrespective of which region runs WICB, they all are the SAME. Zero Transparency and Accountability. To top it - Incompetence. Ego Centric Decision Making. They ACT like they own the GAME!

2. THE BOOT LICKER CULTURE -- Players, Admins & Journalists who are Slaves to the WICB MAFIA.

3. BAJAN ENTITLEMENT -- Irrespective who runs WICB, The BAJANS have First Right over all WEST INDIES Resources.

AND THESE THREE ISSUES ARE AT THE HEART OF ALL OUR PROBLEMS.

POINT 2017-09-19 05:42:16 

In reply to thefacts
I agree with your first 2 Issues , but I am a bit skeptical of your third .
I want the WICBC /CWI to hold Two weeks Camps for the Best Players in the Region based on their Performances
in Regional Tournaments .

After the Camps , there must be in my opinion , 3 Matches involving the Players who attended the Camps and the Players, including Substitutes ; Selected to represent the
Region .

This should put an end to what people
perceive , right or wrong ,as being Favoritism . In essence :

ALL PLAYERS MUST SELECTED ON MERIT ;

RATHER THAN THROUGH TAINTED ; OR

BIASED LENS .THE FACT THAT SOME

PEOPLE , INCLUDING YOU , ARE

COMPLAINING , IN MY OPINION, IS VERY

TROUBLING .

thefacts 2017-09-19 06:06:29 

In reply to POINT

I know you are a GENUINE anti-ESTABLISHMENT guy, hence I won't get into an argument on this:

but I am a bit skeptical of your third .

So I will simply illustrate some examples to back my argument and leave the rest to your judgement!

The Examples:

1) Whether its UWI, Cricket CoE, or the Combined Colleges and Campus team which plays in the regional, everything has been setup in Barbados and pretty much run like their personal fiefdom. All these opportunities have largely fallen into the laps of the Bajans.

2) THE GOD OF BOOT LICKERS = FLOYD REIFER, the CAPPO OF THE LEGENDARY 2009 SCAB TEAM THAT LOST 0-2 to BANGLADESH, is the supreme example of being beneficiary for life from this system...and has benefitted immensely (and especially from CCC).

So much so, now BL Raymon Reifer got picked for the English tour, purely as a Tourist.
Them already had 2 BOOT LICKER All-Rounders in the squad, Cappo Jason and Chase.
And yet instead of picking a backup WK or backup Spinner, them chose BOOT LICKER Raymon Reifer.

3) Look at the Selection of Captains -- Jason Holder and Carlos Brathwaite. Is it on merit?

4) Despite the Muddies winning the Regionals, and plenty of good performances by other Players
There were 9 Bajans selected out of 15 on the Tour of England.
Now I don't have a problem with the number, but i question the merit?

On what basis did Raymon Reifer and Cummins get picked ahead of a Backup Keeper (Ramdin, Walton, Ambris etc) or Backup Spinner (Miller, Permaul, Jacobs) etc.

5) In a sheer display of insular audacity, Bajans played 8 out of 9 in the first test, even dropping Gabriel and Bishoo in the process.

THESE ARE THE FACTS
and
THEY ARE UNDISPUTED

Halliwell 2017-09-19 09:50:38 

1 Unemancipated minds
2 Insularity
3 Mismanagement

thefacts 2017-09-19 12:32:00 

In reply to Halliwell

1 Unemancipated minds
2 Insularity
3 Mismanagement