The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Muslims

Darkness 2017-10-31 21:21:28 

Mosques and Muslims need to report anyone who is showing any tendencies of radicalization.

I think some signs would be:
1- Does the person voice any support for any acts of terror anywhere in the world?
2- Is the person trying to convince others that the acts of terror committed anywhere were justified?
3- Does the person seem very drawn to extremist websites and is he/she supporting their views?
4- Is the person even remotely talking about planning or committing any acts of terror?
5- Has the person suddenly withdrawn from his usual moderate group of friends or acquaintances and have suddenly starting engaging in circles or with groups that espouse any of 1 to 4 above?

Mulsims must protect their religion from radicals who have hijacked it!

ray 2017-10-31 23:22:31 

Only NOW you people realize that...!!!

Over 7 years ago, I was posting on GNI that the religion was being hi jacked by radicals and they will come to define Islam to the rest of the world, but lots of you on there were claiming otherwise....

Halliwell 2017-11-01 03:34:19 

In reply to Darkness

Christians need report white nazi supremacy too?
Jews need to report Palestinian-killers too?

djdrastic 2017-11-01 03:37:44 

In reply to Darkness

I don't think the majority of those peace loving Muslims do this ...

Only 1/3 of UK Muslims Would Report Terrorist Suspects

Clarion Project’s National Security Analyst and Shillman Fellow Prof. Ryan Mauro talks about a survey of British-Muslims that found that only one-third would report someone with suspected links to terrorists in Syria. The poll also shows that five percent of British Muslims sympathize with suicide bombers, which amounts to close to 150,000 people.

Khaga 2017-11-01 04:56:07 

In reply to Halliwell

It got much darker from here

Christians need report white nazi supremacy too?

to here

Jews need to report Palestinian-killers too?

nitro 2017-11-01 06:41:09 

In reply to Darkness

Totally agree.

Halliwell 2017-11-01 11:22:49 

In reply to Khaga

Apples to apples no?

granite 2017-11-01 13:40:47 

In reply to Halliwell

I think they are people with axe to grind and is only out to make a case to blame every Muslim,and not only the terrorists.They are quick to come on this MB to sermonize with their crocodile tears,but really they hate Muslims,they can't fool nobody.Have they mentioned one word about Muslims from Myanmar,I don't think they have.

runout 2017-11-01 14:38:53 

In reply to granite

Dude, you are getting emotional. Lets have a rational exchange. Why do you think that when people speak out against terrorism, they are speaking out against Muslims? Muslims and terrorism isn't synonymous.

Furthermore, for those living in the west, events manifesting in the west will have a direct or indirect impact to them...so it is reasonable that they raise their voice in condemnation of terrorist acts.

Pray tell why does Myanmar matter to the US? How is the US implicated in the happenings between the Buddhists and the Muslims?

XFactor 2017-11-01 14:59:12 

In reply to granite

I think they are people with axe to grind and is only out to make a case to blame every Muslim,and not only the terrorists.

All Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists are Muslim.

That is the conundrum.

Runs 2017-11-01 15:47:56 

I condemn this act and remain thankful that most muslims in the US are decent and law abiding citizens. Am also thankful the few who do these acts are quickly brought to justice, damn idiots. evil

XFactor 2017-11-01 17:09:31 

In reply to Runs

The major problem in combating terrorism is that terrorism is driven by religious fanaticism rather than political ideology. The idiots are running loose in their own little cells with no central command.

There are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world and 1% support Jihad. Do the math. We are in trouble. Politicians cannot solve this problem. Alarmingly, more Muslims are killed by terrorists who claim to be Muslims.

Runs 2017-11-01 17:32:16 

In reply to XFactor

Have to do a reformation bro, these guys are following and misinterpreting scripture. It is time to address, also give these guys economic opportunities in their countries. Obviously, they are pawns also need to target the leaders.

black 2017-11-01 18:32:45 

In reply to Darkness

You can report them all you want, if they haven't committed a crime, there's very little the authorities can do.

The guy was also known by the FBI.

He was also a Uber driver.

SnoopDog 2017-11-02 15:56:04 

In reply to black

You can report them all you want, if they haven't committed a crime, there's very little the authorities can do.

The guy was also known by the FBI.

He was also a Uber driver.

This is where multiculturalism and the celebration of "diversity" has failed. These concepts which were/are the pillars and fetishes of liberalism have fostered communities in the West which have basically isolated themselves from the rest of society. But more alarmingly it has fostered communities where radical religious ideas are allowed to be planted, encouraged and fester. In some of these communities there are open calls for people living in America and the UK to reject secular liberal democracy and to violently pursue religious theocracy. The public justification of course is the American military presence and its continued overt and covert warfare in Muslim countries in the Middle East and elsewhere. The private reasons are always more pragmatic and far less melodramatic: we reserve the right to force women to wear a Hijab, to legislate that all grocery stores stock and cater halal food, to require religious teachings in public school, prayers in public schools and gov't offices, to ban abortion, to ban the use of contraceptives, etc.

I've yet to hear one liberal or conservative politician call out for all communities to celebrate commonality. To celebrate all the things that make us Americans, or Canadians, or British etc. That despite our differences in race, religion, or creed, we share certain core ideas and values such as secular democracy; the separation of church and state; the rule of law, freedom of speech, freedom of expression, Remembrance Day etc.

Instead, our children are being told to celebrate all the things that divide us and drive us further apart (ie. religion). That it's okay to think of yourself as a Pakistani Muslim who was merely born in the UK instead of as an Englishman who happens to be Muslim. That it's incompatible for a Muslim living in the West to share secular values and ideas with non-Muslims.

How else could this guy have been radicalized in America itself if it wasn't for a community that allowed it and protected him until the day the very act was carried out? Ratting out your neighbours and friends to the authorities is never a good thing and it is fact indicative of a failed Fascist society which can and does often lead to innocent people being falsely accused and persecuted.

What we need is education and dialogue. We need people in these communities to stand up for secular values and ideas whenever a person starts talking about wanting Sharia in the UK, or in New York, or whenever someone advocates for prayer in schools. These radical religious people like radical Muslims and Evangelical Christians are currently thriving because there is a vast majority of people in their communities who would rather stay silent than challenge their dogma and propaganda.

And that to me is the heart of the problem.

Runs 2017-11-02 16:14:57 

In reply to SnoopDog

Well said, I shall copy and share with the fullas razz

SnoopDog 2017-11-02 16:29:06 

In reply to Runs

Cool Bro. There was film starring Tom Hanks which came out last year called "Bridge of Spies".

There's a great scene where Hank's character, a private lawyer hired to defend a spy during the 60's, meets with a CIA guy. The CIA guy asks Hank's character to violate lawyer/client privilege and reveal what his client is telling him on the basis that his client poses a security threat to his country and that they should not play by the rule book (the Constitution). Hanks looks at him and says 'judging by your last name, you're German stock. I'm Irish myself. So you're German, I'm Irish, so what makes us both Americans? Just one thing - the rule book. We call it the Constitution. And we agree to the rules and that's what makes us Americans. It's the ONLY thing that makes us Americans."

A great scene and lesson in civics.

Runs 2017-11-02 16:40:08 

In reply to SnoopDog

Too many people rely on the internet for their education. I had to scold an elder for pushing financial conspiracy theories. I asked him where he got all this information from, he replied Youtube. Real asshole needless to say he is a religious type and passes me straight ever since. lol
One thing that I have noticed is most have not attained tertiary education level but they are all subject matter experts. Talk about Dunning/Kruger effect. razz
Civics should be a must on the citizenship tests, and make it tougher.