The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Guyana Urged To Beware of T/Dad in Oil Sector

Runs 2017-11-07 08:04:04 

The Government of Guyana, private sector and citizens at large are being urged to guard against what is being described as a clear attempt by Trinidad & Tobago to monopolize opportunities in the South American country’s emerging oil and gas sector.

Link Text

Trinidad squandered US$77B in oil revenue between 1999 & 2016

DirtyDan 2017-11-07 08:33:09 

In reply to Runs

Ouch. Bravos should get a pass - he good to GT peeps.

bravos 2017-11-07 08:35:17 

In reply to Runs

Economical commericial or business forces and natural progress(ion) of such cannot be influenced by small talk by an uninformed few talking about airport bench and substandard and un-certified food products,those are public health and national security issues.

This display of ignorant arrogance seems much more indictable than T&T trying to protect the health and integrity of it's population by enforcing standard international protocol,what Guyanese have to ask themselves,in this time of Petro uncertainty can they afford not to partner with T&T with it's long established presence, relevance, facilities and technical support in the field.

If you want to see the definition of arrogance and ignorance just read that article again.

T&T has been present on the ground and the air from day one in Guyana for this effort,and should not be frowned upon for having a strategic advantage that comes with over 100 years as a pioneer in commercial petro-chemical production.

T&T will also benefit from other economic activities facilitated by the windfall,small talk or not.

bravos 2017-11-07 08:40:35 

In reply to DirtyDan

Once I have health strength and good spirits I will look to take advantage of any opportunity Guyana or any other neighbor presents,and ole talk can stop that.

You have ti put your money where your mouth is,performance beats ole talk.

bravos 2017-11-07 08:44:54 

And allyuh ain't pump a barrel yet and this is the result already,reminds me of the lotto player with his winning ticket on the weekend making plans but he ain know how many people have to share the jackpot...lol..

never see come see...bring on the oil and gas and everything else that comes with it or be quiet,serious and learned business people don't talk so..

Runs 2017-11-07 08:52:04 

We need Trinidadian expertise as we do not have such, but we need to monitor and be wary. lol
They didn’t get that label Trikkidadian from nowhere.

bravos 2017-11-07 08:54:32 

In reply to Runs

By all means..we will also be happy to design the monitoring template for you.. wink cool

Emir 2017-11-07 08:55:57 

In reply to bravos

The author of that article is a well known GOPIO and if the UNC was in power in Trinidad, he would have been fine with it.

These guys believe you just have to go with a drill and pull up the oil and bingo you start exporting and counting the dollars.

Little do they know it is to their advantage Trinidad is there to help them in this most expensive and highly skilled endeavor, so they are spared the risk.

As far as Trinidad having a right to their oil, well hell yes, over the years we have forgiven hundreds of millions of loans, allow the exportation of subsidized food stuff by small Guyanese suit case vendors, took over 50,000 Guyanese and allow them to settle and build a future in Trinidad.

The thing is they haven't even drill a gallon of oil yet and they torking shyte.

bravos 2017-11-07 09:01:49 

In reply to Emir

Lol yeah soft article and position,very soft indeed.

I wish them the best. wink

Oh yes I doooo hooo hoooo....cool

SnoopDog 2017-11-07 09:45:13 

In reply to Runs

HAHAHAHAHA!!! lol lol

Gotta to be extra weary of those tricky Titties Bro. lol

Even their women don't trust them. lol

Runs 2017-11-07 09:49:23 

In reply to SnoopDog

wink

SnoopDog 2017-11-07 09:53:54 

In reply to Mulla Bin Emir

Took in 50,000 Guyanese men and allowed them to settle and build a future in Trinidad with our women.

That's sounds about accurate. lol

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 10:10:37 

In reply to SnoopDog

Just ignore that individual Emir,his head is still up Eric Williams arse.

Before every one celebrates

Under the agreement signed between the government and ExxonMobil and its partners, Guyana will be entitled to 50 per cent of the proceeds from whatever oil and gas resources are extracted by the company in the Stabroek Block.

Trotman informed the media that based on the agreement, Exxon and its partners will share 50 per cent between themselves and the Government of Guyana will share the remaining 50 per cent.

He clarified that the 50 per cent stake will be taken after cost recovery is done.

Snoopy as a lawyer hexplain to dem how movies cost 10 million to make and they make 100 million but they have a loss.
Exxon is know for such accounting principles.How much will cost recovery be ?

In T&T it's over 75% of gas extracted.

lol lol lol

Hey, did dem Trini omen return ya BMW ?

razz razz razz razz

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 10:32:26 

Snoopy

If you want to find out what the secret deal is between
Guyana and Exxon.

By 5 shares of Exxon. Then write them and get a copy of the secret deal.

If they will not give it to you, send a note to the NYSE,
Exxon by law must disclose such agreements. You will get a copy.

Its how I found out about all the deals in T&T.

T&T gat approx 90 Billion for its Oil and gas to date
that accounts for 12.5% of the revenues generated for the
sale of its citizens minerals.

I am sure one can figure out how much the Foreign Companies made for its shareholders.
Plus, Shareholder own all the infrastructure that were written off depriving citizens of royalties, when the oil is depleted they can move it anywhere.

Who negotiated for Guyana and what was their experience
in such transactions?
Exxon will send its Oil To Texas, to its oil refineries to make more money refining and marketing the by-products.

BP T&T just gave a contract to Texas to build a platform,
It could have been built in T&T?

Now ya see why I just sit back an smile when people talk.

Runs 2017-11-07 11:29:29 

Link Text

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 12:24:10 

In reply to Runs

Very few countries have been able to spend the monies in the manner intended. Guyana doesn’t need to look too far to see this, Venezuela on one end and Trinidad on the other.

According to Dr Roger Hosein, a Trinidad Economist with experience in natural resources said Trinidad made a list of errors to avoid before committing them all.

Trinidad is nation with a much more stable political climate, educated population and stronger institution, yet they were susceptible to poor economics.

Given the quality of Guyanese politicians, or lack thereof, there is little evidence to suggest we will be the exception and not the norm.

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 12:25:09 

Even if Guyana was to gain three hundred million USD as some estimates suggest, it would not really change the scenario with respect to national development.

Oil is a distraction from the ‘real issues’, Oil is unlikely to play a major role in Guyana’s development, more emphasis should be placed on fixing the issues affecting the economy and not pawning them off on the future of oil.

The oil production serves as a convenient excuse for an incompetent and visionless government who has successfully managed to dupe ignorant, unsuspecting supporters.

All indications suggest that the twin evils of the natural resource curse and Dutch disease will take up permanent residence in Guyana post 2020.

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 12:27:44 

Dutch disease is the apparent causal relationship between the increase in the economic development of a specific sector (for example natural resources) and a decline in other sectors (like the manufacturing sector or agriculture).

bravos 2017-11-07 12:29:09 

In reply to sgtdjones

300 Billion dey mean? Cyar be only 300 million..

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 12:36:16 

In reply to bravos

Bravs

When Exxon finish dem go be lucky to get a few billion.

They are a very shrewd Oil Company Worldwide and
conservative with investments with 400 billion in Cash reserves.

Runs 2017-11-07 12:39:01 

In reply to sgtdjones

I believe you, I read a very interesting story about them in Chad. Guyanese need to ensure that they have a diversified economy. cool

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 12:43:19 

In reply to Runs

Agriculture can make Guyana rich

Its worth more than gold.

bravos 2017-11-07 12:49:41 

In reply to sgtdjones

Well boy we do much better with BP BHP and them,we grew big intermediate companies which became the biggest by far in the region,such as NGC with profits over a billion US most years gone by.

I hope the Guyanese have what it takes to see this through intellectually in a petro-business perspective,even this is an area where T&T could assist..

Hmmmm...

sgtdjones 2017-11-07 14:07:32 

In reply to bravos

Bravs

I would take all the oil money

Build hydroelectric plants, roads and a sea wall.

Sell water to the Middle East and USA ....Forex

Send gas to T&T for Urea

Oil to T&T or Suriname get petrol and diesel in return

Focus on Sugar and Agriculture ..feed the Caribbean.

They cant go wrong.Guyana will be the richest country in SA.

cool cool cool

Runs 2017-11-07 14:44:59 

In reply to sgtdjones

I nominate you to be the next PM of the twin island republic or at the very least Minister for Insight and Foresight.

bravos 2017-11-07 14:46:16 

In reply to sgtdjones

Sounds real good actually.

SnoopDog 2017-11-07 14:47:43 

In reply to sgtdjones

Hey, did dem Trini omen return ya BMW ?

One a dem deliberately left a hair pin on the seat and a next one find it. Riot Bro!!! lol

sgtdjones 2017-11-08 08:36:43 

In reply to SnoopDog

hahahahha you made my morning with
laughter thinking about this,

Wait, wait,so what was the end result.

You cant leave me hanging here bro.

lol lol lol lol

SnoopDog 2017-11-08 09:57:20 

In reply to sgtdjones

hahahahha you made my morning with
laughter thinking about this,

Wait, wait,so what was the end result.

You cant leave me hanging here bro.

"My sister drives this car, my mom drives this car, my secretary drives this car. That thing could belong to any one a dem." lol

sgtdjones 2017-11-09 11:37:29 

In reply to SnoopDog

Ah sorry bro

But I am picturing what you said and still breaking out in laughter.

Did she believe you or hit you with a McDoubles.

razz razz razz razz

SnoopDog 2017-11-09 11:38:45 

In reply to sgtdjones

Let's just say that make up sex is the very best sex. lol

SnoopDog 2017-11-09 11:53:34 

In reply to sgtdjones

But I am picturing what you said and still breaking out in laughter.

Bro, I don't care who you are. Men will never be as clever as women when it comes to devious shyte like this. lol

The best you can do is learn how to deflect, deny or admit. If you admit, do so at your own risk. lol

googley 2017-11-09 13:58:12 

In reply to SnoopDog

sounds like u got some experience in this! lol

SnoopDog 2017-11-09 14:12:05 

In reply to googley

sounds like u got some experience in this!

If you go off to war Bro, you gotta learn to dodge a few bullets. lol