The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Reggae Boyz U-20 Squad

Page: previous  1
hubert 2/27/24, 1:58:45 PM
hubert avatar image

debut: 11/14/02
18,444 runs

Thanks for update and comments ,Guys.
Have not been with the programme and goings on of late..

Yes hope CHelsea gives Whisper a run in this should JA advance to next round.

My biggest wish is that the current JFF admin is ousted at the coming election.
The game ,from bottom to top inclusive of the Girls competitions and the Girlz need a huge
reset in outlook and support.

Other folks need to take over and bring some new perspective to the game. Ricketts and his
team are past their used by date and while I had hopes that the addition of Chung would make
a difference, its the same old same old.sad
JoeGrine 2/27/24, 2:13:32 PM
JoeGrine avatar image

debut: 2/15/09
4,360 runs

In reply to hubert

The game ,from bottom to top inclusive of the Girls competitions and the Girlz need a huge
reset in outlook and support.

What is your idea of a reset? Before you answer, imagine an U-20 boys team with just local Jamaicans. I will stop there and await your answer.
- edited -
hubert 2/28/24, 1:35:06 AM
hubert avatar image

debut: 11/14/02
18,444 runs

In reply to JoeGrine

Simply put we can';t get far without overseas players. standard and quality has to raise immensely
on local level. But that is long term. Judicious and good decisions must be at the forefront of
any plan and all should be grateful that there is talent abroad to ensure continued hug ranking
on the International level.
The local scene must see professionalism and solid investment from age group development in both
Girls and Boys. Things being done but much much more has to be done as Jamaica does not lack
talent on the home front not only in terms of players but very good facilities to play on at all levels
throughout the country. Gonna take investments and government has to play a bigger role in this regard.
I rest for now as i still aghast at the ongoing saga of bad relationship within the fraternity
with players from administration.
Have the Girlz and admin mended fences yet ?

- edited -
sgtdjones 2/28/24, 4:41:02 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,077 runs

In reply to Hubert

Mature Hubert

Mail Canada your yardies two points...cool
JoeGrine 2/28/24, 8:26:46 AM
JoeGrine avatar image

debut: 2/15/09
4,360 runs

In reply to hubert

1. As of today, the girls' issue has not gotten to the point where the top girls will take the field.

2. Note that Carvel Stewart (exec member of the opposing slate) is on record as saying (paraphrase) he wants a Jamaican team that is made up of locals that they can identify with. That statement did not get much push back!
XDFIX 2/29/24, 12:37:55 PM
XDFIX avatar image

debut: 3/2/03
17,074 runs

KINGSTON, Jamaica— Jamaica shook off a spirited Bermuda 3-2 at the St Kitts Technical Centre in Basseterre on Wednesday to top Group F in the Concacaf Under-20 World Cup qualifying with a maximum nine points from three games.

A crazy display of footballing but at least Yard was in the zone!
- edited -
Page: previous  1