The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Gang problem in T&T, St Lucia.. Allen Chastanet

sgtdjones 2024-03-07 18:06:20 

Gang problem in T&T, St Lucia
Chastanet brushes off Rowley’s ‘Tropical Trump’ jibe:

After being called “Tropical Trump” by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley, former St Lucian prime minister Allen Chastanet has urged Rowley to not take his comments at the UNC anti-crime talks on Monday as “individual criticism” but, rather, a collective call to action. Chastanet, now St Lucia’s opposition leader, yesterday issued a statement which read: “One of the ways this region can effectively deal with the scourge of crime and the crippling effects it is having on our economy, society and ultimately our people, is to tackle it together.

“It is clear that individual approaches are not working. I urge the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, who is also the lead Prime Minister on Crime in Caricom, to take my remarks in the spirit in which they were intended—which was not an individual criticism but rather a collective call to action.” In his address on Monday at the anti-crime talks in Sangre Grande, Chastanet called on the Rowley-led Government to take steps to commit part of its airport tax towards creating a stronger regional security system

Chastanet said the RSS came into St Lucia as the island recorded 75 murders in two years and they were supposed to quell this problem. The St Lucian population is just over 179,000.Noting the gang culture and the school violence both in T&T and St Lucia are related, he said: “In addition to the very brutal execution-style killings that are gang-influenced, we’ve also had outbursts in our schools which has been the proliferation of Six and Seven (gangs) which comes from Trinidad.”

Discourse 2024-03-07 18:26:50 

Chastenet???
lol lol lol lol lol

Jumpstart 2024-03-07 18:49:53 

In reply to Discourse

lollollol

sgtdjones 2024-03-07 20:37:23 

In reply to Discourse

Wasn't he a former PM of the Pittons..cool

BeatDball 2024-03-08 00:43:18 

Dwl dwl dwl. Finally, 'some big' ones in the WI region taking cues from likkle ole BeadDball! The irony is de socishitists on this MB hate me. Dwl dwl dwl. WI region must get like Singapore/Rwanda - clean, green & ORDERLY! Full facting stop. twisted