The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Six Sri Lankans knifed to death in Ottawa

Narper 3/7/24, 10:45:36 PM
Narper avatar image

debut: 1/4/03
253,234 runs

OTTAWA, March 7 (Reuters) - Six people from Sri Lanka, including a mother and four young children, were knifed to death in the Canadian capital Ottawa late on Wednesday, police said on Thursday, rocking a country where mass murders are rare.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he was horrified by what he called a "terrible tragedy." The father of the family was also wounded in the attack and is in hospital.

\Police said Febrio De-Zoysa, a 19-year-old male student from Sri Lanka, had been arrested and charged with six counts of first degree murder and one count of attempted murder. De-Zoysa knew the family and had been living in the house, they said.

link
- edited -
Narper 3/7/24, 10:47:37 PM
Narper avatar image

253,234 runs

The victims killed were a 35-year-old woman and her children aged 7, 4, 2 and 2 months, as well as a 40-year-old man who was an acquaintance of the family.

Ottawa, which has a population of one million, saw 14 murders in 2023 and 15 in 2022.
- edited -
sgtdjones 3/7/24, 10:57:11 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,103 runs

Hamilton, First murder

Hamilton Police release names of deceased and suspect in recent homicide.

At approximately 7:42 p.m. on Saturday, February 11, 2024, Hamilton Police were called to a home in Stoney Creek, near the intersection of Trafalgar and Mud Street. Officers discovered a 56-year-old man with severe injuries. He was transported to hospital, where he was later pronounced deceased.

The deceased has been identified as 56-year-old, Kuldip Singh of Stoney Creek.

The suspect has been identified as 22-year-old, Sukhraj Cheema-Singh, the son of the deceased.

Sukhraj Cheema-Singh is wanted by police for First Degree Murder. Sukhraj remains outstanding and is considered armed and dangerous.

Hamilton,07March2024

Hamilton , Ontario .CA. 2nd Homicide of 2024

Hamilton Police continue to investigate the City’s second homicide of the year.

On Wednesday March 6, 2024, shortly before 1:00 p.m., Hamilton Police responded to reports of shots fired in the area of 119 King Street West, Hamilton. Officers arrived on scene locating a male on the sidewalk suffering from gunshot wounds. The male was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.

The victim of this murder has now been identified as, 19-year-old, Alexander Circiumaru of Hamilton. Family have provided the below photograph to be released to the public. A post mortem examination is taking place today in Toronto.

Investigation has revealed that Alexander Circiumaru was walking on the sidewalk when a single male shooter jumped out of a car and shot several times before returning to the car and fleeing westbound on King Street West. The vehicle was last seen continuing westbound in the area of King Street West and Queen Street North.

The shooter is described as a male, dressed all in black clothing and wearing a face mask. The suspect vehicle is believed to be a newer model Honda Civic black or dark grey in colour with a spoiler on the trunk.

Hamilton Police

Eleven people killed in Hamilton in 2023
Charges laid in six cases; no suspects charged yet in three deaths
- edited -
Narper 3/7/24, 10:57:53 PM
Narper avatar image

253,234 runs

Police have identified five of the victims as a family of newcomers to Canada from Sri Lanka. They are:

35-year-old Darshani Banbaranayake Gama Walwwe Darshani Dilanthika Ekanayake.
Seven-year-old Inuka Wickramasinghe.
Four-year-old daughter Ashwini Wickramasinghe.
Two-year-old daughter Rinyana Wickramasinghe.
Two-month-old daughter Kelly Wickramasinghe.

link
sgtdjones 3/7/24, 11:03:41 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,103 runs

In reply to Narper

Hamilton has a population of approx. 1 million....
The second murder of the year , politicians in trouble, the locals cussing them on talk radio.
Social services are generous in Hamilton.. Canadian cities are sending these drug losers to Hamilton.
One local City Hall Council member who I donated $1,000 too, when I complained called them my Neighbours .
I loaned my 50ft ladder to a former mayor of Hamilton, these dipsticks stole it...
They camp in a park a block away from my rental properties and broke into tenants cars...

I cuss the council member mudder rass royally recently. He is not getting back in City hall next election.....twisted

Thats sad news Ottawa is regarded as a safe city...sad

Thats an upscale community....
- edited -
Curtis 3/7/24, 11:10:36 PM
Curtis avatar image

debut: 12/4/02
15,927 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Sad. Some mental shoite.