debut: 12/22/15
7,409 runs

So what now for the embattled Haitians?
Emir 3/12/24, 2:24:42 PM
Emir avatar image

debut: 8/9/14
17,616 runs

In reply to Chrissy

Like Aristide situation again. Aristide was the first and only democratically elected PM. No Haitian is included in the so called talk with Genocide defender and CARICOM.
sgtdjones 3/12/24, 2:33:31 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,084 runs

Its is strange CARICOM , in some of its Countries starvation/crime exist just as in Haiti

How the T&T PNM government ardent supporters live Sea Lots.T&T

Strange how this is ignored , but we comment about Haiti

How many Countries are accepting people from Haiti in Caricom.
When they arrive in Jamaica what happens? twisted
Emir 3/12/24, 2:46:32 PM
Emir avatar image

debut: 8/9/14
17,616 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler
For starters, I would like to see CARICOM push France - and lets see if the USA will help, to return the loot from Haiti- even a fraction of it will help. Then help to remove the guns that was made in America from the streets. Then allow Haitians to craft a way forward without Hillary Clinton overturning the election results and installing her own candidate.

The US is complicit in Haiti's situation.
- edited -
Brerzerk 3/12/24, 3:00:11 PM
Brerzerk avatar image

debut: 3/16/21
10,145 runs

The projections and false equivalencies above are interesting.
It is as if no one should dare to acknowledge that two truths
can simultaneously exist unless one of them is used for 'certain agendas'
- edited -
Jumpstart 3/12/24, 3:08:58 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

debut: 11/30/17
9,333 runs

In reply to velo

all of them are. De bbq man was moise brethren.....and he only started to act up at a national level when moise left the scene. of course he committed a few massacres before but his rebellion only started after moise was killed. Also...we can't talk about gangs in haiti without mentioning the first gang in that country.....the ton ton macoute. they have a history of state sponsored or state sanctioned gangsterism. it just happen that bbq was a friend of the last president, who it seems was an enemy of Henry

In reply to sgtdjones
sea lots and beetham nowhere close to haiti. the big difference is opportunity. haitians have been mostly deprived of opportunities since inception. this is not to say that their own penchant for disunity and division is not also at fault, but the fact is that their opportunities are limited, extremely so. And successive Haitian governments have presided of squalor and squander mania, sometimes with the help of outside powers.

Ppl in sea lots have opportunities. free education from nursery to secondary and its a very low income community so more than likely tertiary education is totally free for them. Yes the quality of education that is available to ppl in sea lots and most low income communities is extremely unequal and in many ways mediocre(of course not the curriculum which is standardized but the method in which that curriculum is delivered; I am not one who believes that teachers are sacred cows, in fact i believe they do not get enough scrutiny) but they still have opportunities. But where you have broken families, broken homes and a steady and seemingly limitless supply of single mothers, yuh can't expect prosperity. People does look at barbados and appreciate their success. Barbados is a country generally with strong family structures. men taking care of their families and teaching their children the norms and values of the society. So that is why even if a bajan listening to gangster rap or dancehall, he rarely thinks that is socially acceptable behavior because it conflicts with the norms and values of his upbringing.

homie, i went to school with children whose parent/s didn't have an issue signing them up for basic history and basic english exams, and these are papers studied for the morning of the exam....well i didn't study for english at all(and i went to a seven years ). if that is the sole ambition you have for your children, then we have a huge problem
- edited -
sgtdjones 3/12/24, 7:02:54 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,084 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

starvation/crime exist just as in Haiti

Read the Sea lots article I posted....see similarities

Almost all of the women in the uniforms, we were told, are single mothers. Almost all of the young men, we were also told, are unemployed.
When you don’t have a father figure in a youth life and it is the mother alone, it is extra hard
But when you grow up in poverty ... Poverty is the outbreak of crime in Trinidad and Tobago.
“Sometimes them youth and them might want to go to school. I might see four or five of them stay home. Why yuh ain’t go to school? They don’t have any money to go to school.
No school, hungry bellies for children.
There was a disturbing sense of melancholy to Ryan. His eyes appeared hollow, while he was devoid of energy. His facial muscles drooped, as if they had forgotten how to be used to smile. When asked, he confessed that there are mornings, many mornings, he wakes up and has nothing to eat.
“My mother does struggle for we to get money for we to go to school.<b></b> She working CEPEP right around here and that’s the salary she does get at the end of the fortnight.

Jumpy ..
it matters not if all education are free...its takes money to send a child to school in T&T
These parents are at the bottom of the barrel in T&T , for the past 6 decades starting with Eric Williams. He just wanted their votes.

Put yourself in one of those kids position...your parents are unemployed, they rely on CEPEP and government assistance..pittance
Would you be where you are today?
- edited -
Chrissy 3/12/24, 8:58:31 PM
Chrissy avatar image

debut: 11/14/02
192,597 runs

In reply to Emir
Correct