The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

T&T Christian ‘coup’ ‘take-over plot’ of Government

sgtdjones 3/13/24, 4:49:45 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,084 runs

Christian ‘coup’
Discovery of ‘take-over plot’ led to Best’s SSA departure

A plan hatched within the Strategic Services Agency (SSA) to establish a military-style pro-Christian government was allegedly discovered and became the trigger for Major Roger Best being sent on administrative leave.A “Christian” organization with a minuscule membership of less than 100 persons dominated one of the country’s most sensitive security agencies, and was at the centre of the take-over plot.

A quarter of the church’s members were employees of the SSA.
The church is led by Pastor Ian Ezekiel Brown, who was employed by Best at SSA, on a starting salary of $10,000 which was increased shortly thereafter to $23,000 a month. Brown was a Special Reserve Police (SRP) officer.A top official at the SSA who is a member of the church facili­tated the hiring of many of the church members in the SSA, circumventing the vetting process in many instances, and strategically placed church members in senior management which included head of human resources, finance, as well as senior positions in technology, cybersecurity and administration. The deputy director, intelligence, is also a member of the church.

Unlike other churches, the membership of the Jerusalem Church is determined by invitation, which tended to be focused on persons with a military background.In one case, a Coast Guard captain is said to have left his spouse; and in another, a senior SSA member left her spouse to cohabit with another senior SSA official based on the “prophecy” of the church leader.
“It became a cult-like Jim Jones-like organisation,” a source noted.
- edited -
sgtdjones 3/13/24, 4:52:22 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,084 runs

Idiot Hinds ,Rowley and Praying COP Erla were sleeping?twisted
Narper 3/13/24, 6:36:53 PM
Narper avatar image

debut: 1/4/03
253,231 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Videos circulating online show Brown and Griffith appearing virtually in an ISAAC 98.1 FM The Promise programme in September, along with host Promise Isaac.

In addition, Brown claimed he mentored and "saved" Griffith, getting him and his son to convert.

Asked by Newsday about this and if he was a member of Brown's church, Griffith said the pastor was mistaken.

"You notice I listened and never acknowledged. At no time have I ever changed my religion. I have always been a Roman Catholic. Same thing with my son.

"At no time has he (Brown) been a mentor for me. I probably met him on one or two occasions...

"All of that that he spoke about, I've never been to his church. I do not know where his church is. I have absolutely no affiliation with his church." Brown has a church in Arima and another in Caratal.

The plot thickens
sgtdjones 3/13/24, 7:27:21 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,084 runs

In reply to Narper

Gary made the pastor a special reserve constable...

Rowley referred to allegations by members of the Opposition that there was no investigation into the SSA and to their suggestion that an investigation should be carried out by ­Parliament as “mischievous”.

Rowley don't want a Parliamentary inquiry, PNM majority said NO.

Rowley own PNM appointees are turning against him...the cult remains quiet.
- edited -
Narper 3/13/24, 7:48:11 PM
Narper avatar image

debut: 1/4/03
253,231 runs

In reply to sgtdjones

Sections eight and nine of the Special Reserve Police Act say the Police Commissioner can appoint SRP officers.

Griffith told Newsday the SSA has asked for Brown to be made an SRP.

"The SSA made the request stating they would like to have persons appointed to assist as covert operatives based on their qualifications, so those are the units that would do the background checks, the due diligence, checking and making sure the person has the qualifications needed."

He said the SSA would send the recommendation to the office of the CoP, who would make the appointment.

"That is what is done all the time.
sgtdjones 3/14/24, 12:04:49 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,084 runs

In reply to Narper

T&T need answers on the identity of the government official whom Brown alleged has “underwork links”.

who is this government ‘official’? Police recently raided the home of Brown who claimed to have been a “SSA spy” and SR officer who “worked closely with past and present police commissioners.”
Brown also alleged to have information on “government official” and “underworld ties”.

“Did the Government send TTPS to raid the pastor’s house because they’re afraid the pastor may have information on alleged criminal activities related to this Government?
Who are the ‘two ministers’ the SSA was ‘surveilling’?
whether Police Commissioner Erla Harewood-Christopher is aware of the “senior police official” with whom Brown allegedly met.

All of this under Hinds and Rowley....shock

What have you become T&T?...
- edited -
sgtdjones 3/14/24, 12:11:11 AM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,084 runs

Hinds said he does not take Persad-Bissessar seriously.

“I don’t take that lady seriously! She’s nothing more than an unsober, unsteady, unprincipled, unwanted loser. She dwells in the “un”! The Opposition Leader was the single prime minister, who lead the most corrupt government this country has ever known! You just have to watch and recall her choices, her friends and her government of 2010, to see the real underworld. A murky world in which she reigns supreme,” Hinds said.

Comments:

Doux

Ok FailGerald Behinds we get it, Kamla is ah drunk. We've heard that a million times before. But that doesn't address this and other serious issues affecting the country. But in classic PNM fashion, when you don't have an educated answer just resort to the abused PNM default settings of attacking Kamla and the UNC. It's a miracle that Ethelbert was able to stay awake for a few seconds to give that asinine comment.

John James

"Nothing more than an unsober, unsteady, unprincipled, unwanted loser'' Strong words from the pommecythere dread, or a self-description of himself, like Hinds I am no fan of Kamala but Cantankerous as this question may be the nation needs answers. It is becoming habitual that this government when confronted with concerns that affect the governance of Trinidad and Tobago are always dismissive when called to account.

NotAhUNCIndian

"the nation needs answers"

Answers to what exactly? And why? Responsibility and common sense dictate that investigations into matters that impinge on a country's national security NOT be jeopardized by public discussion simply to satisfy people's curiosity. I am sure the Government will inform the public at the appropriate time. Even ordinary police investigations into matters that do not impinge on national security are not discussed publicly while at a sensitive stage.
sgtdjones 3/14/24, 2:50:10 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,084 runs

Hinds on claims he is Govt official pastor linked to SSA probe:
I have nothing useful to add

National Security Minister Fitzgerald Hinds is distancing himself from allegations he was the Government official alluded to by Pastor Ian Brown in the ongoing Strategic Services Agency (SSA) probe.
Brown, who came forward this week to reveal he is a spy at the SSA, had claimed the shake-up was being done to protect a Government official. Brown did not identify the official.

However, intelligence sources told Guardian Media that Brown was alluding to Hinds.
When contacted yesterday to speak on the matter of the SSA, Hinds said, “For you, this is a story. For me, this is a matter of National Security. We have spoken to date through the lips of the chairman of the National Security Council (Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley).”

When asked directly to respond to the allegation that he was the said Government official involved, he repeated the statement and added, “I have nothing useful to add.”
But intelligence sources told Guardian Media that months before, they reportedly tried to alert Hinds to the state of affairs at the SSA but he was not interested.
The line ministry of the SSA is the Ministry of National Security.
- edited -
sgtdjones 3/14/24, 2:55:33 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,084 runs

T&T Comments:

Alexis Archer

The only reason 'this man' holds onto this 'portfolio' is because he has so much 'dirt' on so many people, that he could be equated with "Conan the Destroyer", should he decide to 'pull the pin' on a very large grenade'.

It is akin to a (type) of, unspoken, 'blackmail'.
Protect the man who is 'keeper of secrets'.
The very one who says he "has nothing useful to add".
The 'polar opposite' of the assumption that he has 'everything' to add, if he so chose.

Claude Gonzales

Who killed Andy Daniel? And why? State sanctioned murder?

THE PNM could cover up a VOLCANO ERUPTION.

Yuh see how quick ROWLEY stop talking about the oil spill? Ditto for this flash in the CRIME PLAN.

Lois22

Hinds has nothing to add. Is that surprising ? As Minister of National Security he has failed in his job, and this satellite group has sprung up right under his nose.
Who were they spying on ? Not the common criminal, surely. Crime is still rampant.
With the type of equipment noted, likely highly placed individuals.
How did the SSA justify Brown going to Israel with Best ?
And Brown says, depending in how things evolve, that will determine his next course of action. The authorities need to seize his laptop and phone and whatever other government equipment he has. He has evidence, which he will no doubt use to his advantage. He is the 'loose canon' in this story. Clearly protecting himself and his son.

Jan

“I have nothing useful to add.”
Hinds have never spoken such TRUE words as this before in his life.