The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Heartless Trinidad & Tobago RF

azadtnt 3/22/24, 3:06:38 PM
azadtnt avatar image

debut: 2/7/07
937 runs

It was a heartless, embarrassing and disappointed performance by the TTRF team. I've been wondering what is TTCB doing for the development of players and the sport in the twin Island?
If you look around there isn't a potential youth player in the pipeline to say ah we got to look out for this player, no one in the CCC team. Only Seales and Da Silva are 25 or under. If we are seeking development and progress in the sport the pitches is the first place to start, then ongoing academies as in Barbados & Guyana accompanied by promoting the sport.
But the performance of the TTRF/QPCC as compared to the other teams leaves much to be desired.
sgtdjones 3/22/24, 3:16:03 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,225 runs

In reply to azadtnt

T&TCB busy looking for the missing 500,00 dollars. They fired the individual that discovered such.
Amazing leadership Bassarat?
Jumpstart 3/22/24, 3:26:05 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

debut: 11/30/17
9,415 runs

In reply to azadtnt

outing to nothing balls from a slowpoke..........pathetic performance. the minute goolie wasn't there i thought we'd be in trouble. that opener with ottley needs to go. he was unfortunate in the first innings but amir jangoo did well in this game so he's demanding a place by his performances.
- edited -
doosra 3/22/24, 3:35:15 PM
doosra avatar image

debut: 5/26/04
92,779 runs

this is not the best format
take heart
- edited -
PalsofMine 3/22/24, 3:42:35 PM
PalsofMine avatar image

debut: 2/2/23
1,359 runs

pretty poor performance and that really summarises TT's cricket over the past few years. Look good in one match and then flop in the next. That is why TT has not been above mid table for the past decade. I think that Jumpy was a little harsh on Mohan who has been fairly solid for the season but definitely had a bad match here as did everyone except Jangoo. The more critical thing is that there are no good youth players coming through and TT is feeling the absence of Bravo, Cariah and Pooran. I dont think that they will be able to compete against the improving JA in the next round so they will end up just above Academy and CCC at the end of the tournament. There. I called it.
Jumpstart 3/22/24, 3:45:53 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to doosra

homie the best test batsman from the WI in the last 30 years was a Trinidadian. no excuse for this performance. honestly in the copa qualifiers tomorrow, i really hope the soca warriors doh exhibit this level of spinelessness. it doh even have carnival for men to say they were having a week long hangover
- edited -
doosra 3/22/24, 3:47:33 PM
doosra avatar image

92,779 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

he didn't play the best and hardest format, what are you on about?
Jumpstart 3/22/24, 3:48:53 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to doosra

brian lara didn't play the best and hardest format?
doosra 3/22/24, 3:56:03 PM
doosra avatar image

92,779 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

ask your countrymen

right on this board
bird 3/22/24, 3:56:42 PM
bird avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
1,944 runs

In reply to azadtnt

the point you are making is important, if each of the territory do not make that special effort to better the game or produce young player WI cricket has nowhere to
PalsofMine 3/22/24, 4:52:37 PM
PalsofMine avatar image

1,359 runs

Fact that they have to turn to Imran Khan and rely on Jason Mohammed says a lot about TT's production facility.
Jumpstart 3/22/24, 5:04:24 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to bird
yeah. but the board could do what they want. its down to players to take advantage of opportunities. this performance was beyond pathetic. I'll give the boys a slight bligh because the umpiring was dog mess and poor umpiring creates added doubt for a batsman. i've seen it too many times, as recently as the 2019 CWC match between wi and aus, 4 poor decisions in the WI innings had to be overturned on review(and gayle was dismissed on a what was supposed to be a free hit). but here's what, as a professional cricketer, you have to be able to compartmentalize that fear and complete the task you've been assigned. poor decisions is part of the game. Adnd its bad especially in light of the fact that the barbados bowlers weren't exactly threatening life and limb
- edited -
PalsofMine 3/22/24, 6:48:37 PM
PalsofMine avatar image

1,359 runs

Well the Force was down bad but the Volcanoes are worse.
SnoopDog 3/22/24, 6:53:43 PM
SnoopDog avatar image

debut: 1/24/04
14,924 runs

In reply to doosra

he didn't play the best and hardest format, what are you on about?

You beating these Titties senseless today Bro. lol

Love it. big grin
VIX 3/22/24, 7:08:34 PM
VIX avatar image

debut: 2/7/03
16,874 runs

In reply to azadtnt

Breds. TT always sucked in FC cricket. This ent something new.
How much trophies we got in this format? I doubt is even 3.
When last we win the tournament? Not in decades.
WICFan 3/22/24, 7:57:33 PM
WICFan avatar image

8,993 runs

Obviously JDS and Seales are the standouts, but they're lacking at least 1 quality batsman.

The likes of Goolie ane Webster decent, Anderson Phillip picks up wickets.

Hinds needs help from a bowling coach, he loses a bit between the end of his run-up and his delivery.

Time to move on from Khan, Gabriel, Ottley and others.
imusic 3/22/24, 8:52:44 PM
imusic avatar image

77,939 runs

imusic 3/22/24, 8:53:33 PM
imusic avatar image

77,939 runs

In reply to imusic

Move on from players that actually want to play 4 day cricket including on the weekend?
- edited -
Jumpstart 3/23/24, 2:03:22 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to WICFan

Good idea. Who we replacing them with though? The only very good young players who’ve come through in the last 4-6 years have been Jayden Seales, Joshua da Silva Anderson Phillips, Amir Jangoo and Jyd GOOLIE. They all played in this match except Goolie( who would have played had he not picked up an injury ). The problem was application. If TT had scored 300 in this game in the first innings, we’d have won. But in neither innings did the boys sit down and apply themselves, with the exception of Jangoo. I mean the umpiring was of the lowest standard but that can’t be an excuse for not sitting down and scoring runs
Emir 3/23/24, 2:08:18 PM
Emir avatar image

debut: 8/9/14
17,695 runs

In reply to WICFan

When TT had to call up Imran and persist with Jason- who has failed, except for the first match, it tells me the selectors have failed to give youngsters a chance, but more crucially, the TTCBC has done nothing to build up youth cricket over the past decade.

It is not only this year, TT is doing poorly in the 4 day competition, it has been over 15 years since they last won the tournament. Very different than ODI and T20 where TT has been the undisputed champions for many years.
sgtdjones 3/23/24, 3:51:40 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,225 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

The decline of Cricket in T&T began when Dinas and Ganga threw their support behind Bassarath instead of Murray....
They realize such today.
It's been steadily declining ever since.
What will be the next move for Bassarath, the President of WICB?
Interestingly, he worked as a road worker 3 in Penal before assuming the role of President of T&TCB.

Rum is quite successful when it comes to running for office.
velo 3/23/24, 5:44:48 PM
velo avatar image

debut: 7/29/19
3,690 runs

im suprised that khan and mohammad and ottley are still around not because of their age but they have not been performing .with pierre, seales,phillips its a decent bowling attack