The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

GUYANA FLOPS AT UN SECURITY COUNCIL

Emir 3/23/24, 11:09:02 AM
Emir avatar image

debut: 8/9/14
17,637 runs

Guyana is one of the rotating countries in the Security Council that are not a permanent member. Yesterday was the first big vote since taking that seat via CARICOM support.

A badly water-downed UN resolution drafted by the US, was vetoed by China and Putin- correctly said it was vague and did not go far enough, said it was a stunt so Biden can sell it to his base back home WHO are upset by his support for genocide and for which it may cost him the election.

Guyana was the only country that was absent, their vote was marked as "absent."

Some say it exactly reflects the government in Georgetown.GAZA VOTE
- edited -
Curtis 3/23/24, 12:36:59 PM
Curtis avatar image

debut: 12/4/02
15,927 runs

In reply to Emir

Maybe they voted No by not being there?
Either that or was the bannas burday and he/she tek day off.
Overthrow 3/23/24, 1:42:00 PM
Overthrow avatar image

debut: 3/24/21
1,605 runs

This individual continues with racist tropes which are allowed to continue unabated. The so called guardians of the board continue to look the other way. The board has degraded into a black echo chamber.
dayne 3/23/24, 1:55:35 PM
dayne avatar image

debut: 5/29/07
7,726 runs

In reply to Emir

It seems like it was a sideway political move to not vote for a resolution that they did not want to support. It is a move many American politicians do many times in America weekly.
imusic 3/23/24, 2:12:57 PM
imusic avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
77,870 runs

In reply to Overthrow

This individual continues with racist tropes which are allowed to continue unabated. The so called guardians of the board continue to look the other way. The board has degraded into a black echo chamber.

I see what you did there cool
Emir 3/23/24, 2:13:03 PM
Emir avatar image

debut: 8/9/14
17,637 runs

In reply to dayne

Yes or No is how they should have voted, are they following bad American precedent? Who were they trying to please?
- edited -
sgtdjones 3/23/24, 3:25:21 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,103 runs

In reply to imusic

Its amazing how you can see what he meant by such words but fail to see when this poster and the historian relay sentiment towards Guyana and Indians, like two peas in a pod?

Rose colored glasses, like a sunset's warm embrace, I presume.

I understand like a wise owl perched on a branch, observing the world with keen eyes even my factual postings about T&T.cool