The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Why LSG didn’t play Shamar Joseph?

Page: previous  1
Jumpstart 3/31/24, 12:14:24 AM
Jumpstart avatar image

debut: 11/30/17
9,415 runs

In reply to granite

true. still don't think it justifies keeping shamar out, their bowling weak aside from that new pacer. but i understabd the uissue with shamar. an ipl team can only field 4 outsiders. stoinis, de kock, pooran are doing well. Naveen ul haq has hjad two poor games back to back so i think shamar will come in place of him for the next match. Still, i think that joseph's performances in australia put him up the pecking order. That happens in football all the time. Remember when Dollarumma went to PSG after the euros, Kaylor Navas had to take a back seat
- edited -
imusic 3/31/24, 12:15:45 AM
imusic avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
77,939 runs

Can never please West Indians

Forever bumpin dey gum & flappin dey beak bout “IPL destroying we players”, “lickit cricket….according to dem is not “real cricket”, “our players need to be protected from bookies and corruption in T20 franchise leagues” etc etc etc.

Yet…..a player getting paid and able to take care of his family….more than he ever could playing for WI……..interacting daily on and off the field for a month with the best cricketers on the planet…learning in the process what it means to be professional both as a player, and seeing how it’s done administratively and how players are treated.

And they still vex and complaining because THEIR player hasn’t gotten to play yet in the same tournament and format of the game they denigrate to infinity.

Cyah make dis shit up.
johndom90 3/31/24, 12:41:01 AM
johndom90 avatar image

debut: 4/7/05
6,734 runs

In reply to imusic

"because THEIR player "

I remember the nastiness vented to "other players" , cuss and villification 24/7.
imusic 3/31/24, 2:21:15 AM
imusic avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
77,939 runs

In reply to johndom90

Yup
Page: previous  1