The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

T&T : It's hell on Earth,IRO president on child’ beheading..why?

sgtdjones 4/10/24, 3:48:16 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,095 runs

IRO president on child’s beheading: It's hell on Earth

“We are in hell on Earth.”
That was the response from Inter-Religious Organisation president, Pundit Lloyd Mukram Sirjoo, yesterday when asked about the death of four-year-old Amarah Lallite, who was beheaded by a 39-year-old man now in police custody.During an interview with Guardian Media, Pundit Sirjoo said the incident sent shock waves throughout the country.
“What would cause that to happen? Around the world, we see genocide and wars taking place, but across the world so much is happening, and when it reaches home where a little child is affected, it shows our society is really lacking spirituality.”

As he referenced the tragedy, he contended that given the spate of crime and violence, which he said continues unabated, citizens needed to strengthen their fate.
“This couple, they would have had their differences, and people cannot pull apart or leave, and that situation where the little child has to face the consequences of their mishandling of their own problems, we need more spirituality, and individuals need to uplift their own spirituality and create a momentum of positivity.”

As he lamented the crime scourge, the IRO president maintained that law enforcement authorities needed to continue their fight.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/10/24, 4:04:51 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,095 runs

T&T Comments:

Claire Rostant

There should have been an all out effort from every law enforcement agency in 2016. The now Prime Ministers manifesto on crime promises in 2015 is a joke, nothing that they have promised has materialized to have any effect on the crime levels in our country yet Dr Rowley will tell you that his PNM Administration has mangeged the country far better than the previous government and he wants you to believe it, simply because he says so. Well its obvious that foreign countries do not share Dr Rowley's deceit in fooling the local population. Almost every country has informed its citizens that if you travel to Trinidad & Tobago you travel at your own risk, and possibly at your own peril. After nine years in government crime has become far worse than it was imagined that it could get. The Police are refusing to face the criminals head on and the Commissioner of Police cannot get her officers to tackle the criminals, its just bush beating, dancing round and round the issue coming from the Police and a total lack of intelligence, direction and actions from our National Security Minister the man Dr Rowley refuses to fire.So what we have in T&T today is a government and a National Security Minister and a Commissioner Of Police that can only look on as criminals take over the country and do as they want and why? Votes. If the PM dares to take the actions that he can, he knows that he will lose the coming General Election, and power to Dr Rowley, is more important than Country.

Alexis Archer

Claire,

Your assessment is factually accurate.
There is no one willing to 'put a hand'.
Any organized effort to depose PNM dominance, must 'dust off ' Rowley's speeches and videos, which touted his 'manefesto(s)' critical to the 2015 and 2020 elections...
And use his very words against him.
How many of his promises, how much of his 'vision' have come to fruition?
You may conclude that he is one of the greatest 'liars' and NOT one of the greatest 'leaders'.

Hubot Gates

WARNING: The Devil dictates in scary T&T. You must burn then regrow

Imtiaz Khalil

PNM HAVE DESTROYED THIS BEAUTIFUL ISLAND THANKS TO ERIC WILLIAMS GRAND AND GREATGRAND CHIRREN, WHY ARE THEY LIKE THAT ,YOU SEE THE AREARS THEY MENTIONED .
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/10/24, 4:15:16 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,095 runs

Nation in shock as girl, 4, decapitated by stepfather

As news of the gruesome killing and dismembering of four-year-old Amarah Lallite began to circulate in the early hours yesterday, an already traumatised nation fell to its knees as details of the horrific act became known. An overwhelming outpouring of prayers began almost instantly for the four-year-old, who was reportedly killed by a man who had been like a father to her for almost her entire life.
In shock as she walked out of the Forensic Science Centre in St James after identifying little Amarah’s body yesterday, her mother, Tricia Villaruel, choked up as she whispered, “I never thought he would have done that. He loved Amarah.” She added, “He would have killed for her, he always protected her. He was never violent to her.”

Little Amarah is believed to have been killed between 10 pm Monday and midnight yesterday at her Fifth Street, Five Rivers, Arouca home by her stepfather, even as her mother stood before officers at the Arouca Police Station filing a domestic disturbance report. At the FSC yesterday, the weeping Villaruel recounted, “My daughter Amarah was a loving, loving, loving child.” Staring blankly off before grief caused her to close her eyes, she went on, “She was the light of the room. Everybody loved this child. Everybody...”Fighting to find the words as her elder daughter stood at her side, Villaruel shook her head, saying, “I can say nothing bad about her. I don’t know what would make him want to harm that child so much. She was a darling. She was everybody darling.”
Villaruel, 41, and the 39-year-old suspect were involved in a common-law relationship which spanned Amarah’s age.
sgtdjones 4/10/24, 4:22:13 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,095 runs

T&T Comments:

Raven Madoxx

2024 and these fraudsters still saying more religion is the answer...

I hope you people vaccinated...

George Lewis

I am troubled as to how indifferent and uncaring the PNM politicians are behaving when the nation is in shock and mourning. I would expect the PM to use this solemn occasion to address the nation and reassure everyone that everything will be done to remedy the blight on the people of T&T.

Ragnor

People calling for the removal of the commissioner and the minister. If they are removed, crime will decrease.. can you imagine a country without crime? Utter madness!! life will make no sense!!! Leave balisier crime plan alone!!Nation in shock? This is not a time to be sad, this is a time to rejoice because the pnm crime plan has been fulfilled on this day.

JMD4001

This is not about drugs, it is about people's personality.
Violence is part of our culture, allowed to flourish under an INEPT government.
Besides, drug dealers don't force you to take drugs, it is your personal preference to do so.
The Nation is NOT in shock, this is normal. This land is CURSED.
Who is responsible for the security of the citizens of this country?
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/10/24, 4:24:45 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,095 runs

Amarah’s father wanted full custody: She could have been alive today

The father of Amarah Lallite, the four-year-old who was beheaded on Monday night, says he tried his best to gain custody of his child and had he been successful, she would be alive today.
Shannon Lallite told Guardian Media yesterday that while he spent the last three years out of the child’s life, it was not for a lack of trying. He said after police told him he could not file for custody, he abandoned that and had tried to contact her mother unsuccessfully since.

“Ah try! Ah try! Ah try! Because when I tried to drop $1,500 and my mother come back from New York with a whole big bag of clothes for my daughter, is because she now come outside and say ‘I doh want nothing from all yuh’ and she say she was going to call the police,” Lallite recalled. Lallite said several attempts to get in contact with the child’s mother, Tricia Villaruel, were unsuccessful. Guardian Media was told Villaruel lived at the Fifth Street, Five Rivers, Arouca home for the better part of three years.

“Three years now I trying to see my daughter. Three years!” Lallite said, adding he could not have done any more for his child because he had no contact with her mother and intermediaries were not helpful.
He said he found out about the killing from his brother, who came banging at his door. The news forced him to find the last known address he had for his child.
sgtdjones 4/10/24, 4:29:37 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,095 runs

T&T Comments:

Coach

This government have the whole country under pressure, like a volcano letting steam out litlle by little, until the final explosion. Dr. Rowley knows exactly what's going on, and does nothing. “While the end of any human life is cause for sorrow, the taking of a child’s life is a reflection of the state of the society to which they belonged and the depravity of the individual who carried out the act.”

Wayne B

Coach since yuh know Dr Rowley Is not doing any thing to stop crime, Meh question to yuh Is give we the public ah hint, what yuh thing would help with this crime situation. I await yuh Answer..HELP

JMD4001

Here's what Rowley could/should do:

Rowley could remove Erla as CoP.

Rowley could bring back Gary Griffith as CoP.

Rowley could remove the incapable Hinds as MoNS.

Rowley could allow people to have FUL's to protect themselves.

Rowley should stop blaming victims by calling them Soft Targets.

Rowley should stop blaming the Opposition for his failures in crime fighting.

Rowley has failed over and over in combating crimes, he should quit as PM.

KLPAnderson

Rowley needs a different kind of counseling not the citizens