The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Minister Webster-Roy: Devil is currently busy in T&T...

sgtdjones 4/13/24, 2:52:11 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,096 runs

Minister:Webster-Roy: Devil is currently busy in T&T

Minister with the responsibility of Gender and Child Affairs in the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) Ayanna Webster-Roy says she believes the devil is currently busy in Trinidad and Tobago.
“Unfortunately, during the month of April, as has been my experience since I’ve been minister, I don’t know why but every April we tend to see a spike in child abuse and I often say that the devil busy,” she said.
The Minister made the comment during a brochure handover and distribution ceremony for material on child abuse at the Office of the Prime Minister at St Clair Avenue, Port-of-Spain, yesterday.

Webster-Roy said every year as her ministry ramps up awareness campaigns against child abuse, there seems to be an increase. She said, unfortunately, as attempts are made to educate people in various communities about child abuse, there’s news of another child hurt, killed, or a family in distress.
For the month so far, a woman who was captured verbally and physically abusing two children in San Juan has been arrested and charged with cruelty, four-year-old Amarah Lallite was beheaded by a man close to her, an eight-year-old girl was hospitalised after she was accidentally shot in the head with a rifle by another child and the Children’s Authority had to remove a child from her parent’s care after she was recorded using an object resembling a gun. There was also an incident late last month in which a woman was charged with abusing a child.

Webster-Roy revealed that she started to panic when she heard what had happened to Amarah and said she would not know how to cope in such a situation.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/13/24, 2:59:11 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,096 runs

T&T comments:

SteveKnight

You are correct Ms. Webster-Roy "THE DEVIL IS BUSY IN T&T"......and that DEVIL is ROWLEY!!!!!!!!!

La Pastora Lopinot

Hunting season is open here in Trinidad.
They hunting not only animals but men, women and even children.

Alexis Archer

As animals disappear and become scarce, the 'hunters' will increasingly turn attention to 'the weak, the young, the injured, the frail and the old'. Just as all 'wild beasts' do it.

Harry Ramharack

One official is praying to god for relief from crime, another is blaming the devil for the abuse of children.

The MOH is probing the deaths of 7 babies at the POSGH.

I take no blame

Plenty national misfits.

I Mulligan

This dummy brings nothing to the Gender and Child's Affairs cause it falls under the Prime Minister's Portfolio. Anything that falls within the PM is a dead issue. This lady collects a fat paycheck at the end of each month and that about it. Even in Parliament she sounds like a dummy. Just read her comments, does she sound like an intelligent person who should be leading such a complicated ministry?? Gender and Child Affairs are the most sensitive and brutally abused section in the country. She always dresses to look smart so it deflects from her stupidity. No word from the PM yet.

Coach

Is Rowley back from his trip?

-HE IS CURRENTLY ON VACATION IN IRELAND..
This PM is on a permanent vacation, we need a ministry entitled "Ministry of Vacation."
Truth Love

Rowley 9 years in power run out of people to blame shift. First was Kamla, then the people, now the devil. Full circle back to Rowley; finally Rowley got it right - it is himself!
- edited -
BeatDball 4/13/24, 4:53:25 PM
BeatDball avatar image

debut: 7/20/14
14,762 runs

BeatDball 4/13/24, 5:00:02 PM
BeatDball avatar image

debut: 7/20/14
14,762 runs

This shoite is so serious that I find it amusing. But, not to go off on a tangent, when are political parties in WI region going to give up on SOCISHITISM, man? It DOESNT work!!! Looks outstanding on paper, but it DOESNT WORK, man! My good god man, look to where Singapore is TODAY! Look to where lil chookoochookoo Rwanda is compared to 53 other countries on the AFRICAN CONTINENT!

Ps. PNC, PNM & PNP - please quit pussshing this ideology on our people - IT DOESNT WORK!
- edited -