The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

T&T 3 weeks before 7 NICU deaths — Bacteria claimed another baby

sgtdjones 4/17/24, 6:31:33 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,114 runs

T&T 3 weeks before 7 NICU deaths — Bacteria claimed another baby

THREE weeks before the mass deaths at the Port of Spain General Hospital neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), announced in early April in which seven babes died, another premature baby died after contracting two bacterial infections in his blood. Jayden Allister Pierre was only 22 days old when he died.
His mother, Nandaranie Nathoo of Brazil Village, off Arima, gave birth at 29 weeks gestation at the Sangre Grande Hospital on February 22.

On April 16, attorneys led by former attorney general Anand Ramlogan, SC, announced baby Jayden’s death in a pre-action protocol letter.
“This baby was not among the seven mentioned in our previous pre-action letters.”

Ramlogan and his team from Freedom Law Chambers are representing the families of the seven babies who died at the NICU between April 4 and 7. They have initiated legal action against the North West Regional Health Authority (NWRHA)
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/17/24, 6:36:13 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,114 runs

T&T Comments:

Nat Turner

For the life of me... Why do people think that life must begin in a hospital? It may be the same reason why they took the COVID-19 vaccine... Stuppes.
Psssst... I was born in a house in Sando... and have only been to a hospital to visit.... someone......anyway.
And I think they say they buried my navel string under that Big Hog Plum Tree in the yard...

Lucky Seven

Notice Rowley came out of hibernation never mention anything about the beheading or the 23 other murders while he was golfing in Ireland

Stan Jones

Rowley, the idiot
You are too late crushed gravel expert. These little ones never stood a chance.
Is this the best you can come up with?
Sepsis has no place in a neonatal room.
Strict guidelines should have been adhered to.
Why did such a large number of babies perish within such a short span of time?
Its obvious, were these rooms cleaned, or did this happen at all?

After the horse has escaped, you're finally deciding to close the barn door.
How thoughtful. If proper procedures are followed, such occurrences should never happen.