The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

A room full of passion

Besar 4/26/24, 9:51:03 AM
Besar avatar image

debut: 3/18/05
168 runs

that I have not seen on the field of play for ages; nostalgia, pure and unadulterated nostalgia. The first day of the Regional cricket Conference on WI Cricket revealed so much of the underlying issues, not just in West Indies cricket, but West Indies, in general. I had no idea that i could follow that, but I found myself unable to switch off; i viewed the entire proceedings, and eagerly anticipate the second day. Lively, entertaining, interesting, with an array of ideas, recommendations, blame, but what seem to be honest deliberations by those in attendance. In a normal world, i would have felt happy at what i heard yesterday. However, West Indies cricket is not the normal space. I was waiting all day to hear one thing, how are we going to get the West Indian players to represent the West Indies team with diligence, while plying the rich T20 market out there. With all the ideas and recommendations put out there, what is needed from the players cannot be measured in terms of money alone. I will await the conclusion today.