The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

T&T A Failed State 

sgtdjones 4/26/24, 8:48:43 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

debut: 2/16/17
35,169 runs

T&T A Failed State 

The prevalence of pressing personal issues such as unemployment, crime, and poor public services can lead to public disinterest and disenchantment with constitutional reform efforts. Barry Sinanan's comment on constitution change highlights the widespread belief among citizens that such committees are a futile use of time and resources.

Trinidad and Tobago is grappling with significant challenges, including increasing crime rates, a judiciary system in need of improvement, and insufficient infrastructure such as fire stations and hospitals. Why should anyone be concerned about constitution reform when they face long-term unemployment after graduating from university, struggle to find employment despite their skills, fear giving birth in a public hospital where 11 deaths occurred in just one month, struggle to access the water they have paid for, bear the burden of unjustifiable property taxes that they must pay despite objections, are aware of impending increases in electricity rates, live in communities where fire stations lack necessary equipment, and struggle with a slow and expensive judiciary that denies justice to the poor and middle class In the midst of these troubles, who will truly find interest in constitutional reform? The vast majority of people are unaware of the contents of the current Constitution. Many individuals lack a deep understanding of how the Constitution impacts their rights and freedoms.

The upcoming election is prompting the PNM to focus more on appealing to Afro-Trinidadian voters. However, simply changing the name of Emancipation Day will not effectively tackle the underlying issues in these communities, such as education, employment, and gang violence. The PNM's African base is home to the gangs, which share a similar approach to authority with those in Haiti. Furthermore, it is concerning to observe a significant prevalence of mental health issues within certain segments of our society, including the Afro-Trini community. In predominantly African communities, a lack of genuine encouragement towards achieving long-term success has led to the neglect of education and training since the days of Eric Williams. Rowley's recent statement about the Cabinet's intention to rename African Emancipation Day lacks substance. The current presentation won't fool anyone. The flurry of public relations surrounding the government's actions is simply the usual pre-election groundwork.

A government MP recognized the challenges associated with ensuring accountability among public servants, which in turn implies that the PNM cannot solely claim credit for previous accomplishments. MP Marvin Gonzales presented a compelling argument for the removal of the PNM, highlighting the need for accountability, clear expectations, and consequences for failure within government entities. Essentially, this was attributing the failures of his government to the public service and public servants. However, he failed to consider the possibility that his statement might also suggest that public servants, not the government or MPs, should take credit for the PNM party's claimed successes over the years. He cannot have it both ways.

Crime rates have consistently increased during PNM administrations, raising doubts about their effectiveness in tackling the ongoing crime crisis. We should remind those who are willing to overlook National Security Minister Hinds and the government's clear incompetence that recent history has demonstrated an increase in crime during PNM administrations. The murder rate was approximately 200 lower than the 600-plus murders documented in 2022 during Hinds' present tenure—a record high in T&T history. Under Hinds' watch, 2023 saw the second-highest murder toll for any year. It's hard to believe this is just a random occurrence. Rowley proclaims he has confidence in this inept minister who has been a failure in all ministries under his tenure.

There are demands that the Rowley government and cabinet ministers, such as Hinds and Deyalsingh, assume accountability instead of shifting blame onto others.
Gonzales' actions are understandable, given his lack of experience with responsible and accountable leadership in this administration. It appears that Dr. Rowley, Hinds, and Deyalsingh are quick to deflect blame. "Its not me."
Overall, the input conveys a sense of dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs in Trinidad and Tobago and a lack of trust in the PNM government's capacity to implement substantial reforms.

The synopsis above reflects a deep sense of disappointment and dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs in the country, particularly in relation to public service, crime, unemployment, and governance. This highlights the disconnect between the government and the people, emphasizing the absence of accountability and strong leadership. There is also criticism of the proposed constitutional reform, as some individuals are more focused on their immediate concerns and do not view it as a top priority.

It is worth noting that Gonzales, while acknowledging shortcomings, essentially made a case for increased compensation for himself and his colleagues. It is evident to everyone that it is high time for Gonzales, Hinds, Deyalsingh, and the rest of this Rowley-led government to step down and allow those who have shown responsible and transparent leadership to provide the people with what they truly deserve.
- edited -
sgtdjones 4/26/24, 8:50:37 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,169 runs

....“I am fearful that if this county doesn’t pull back from the precipice it is heading to, with the way the conversation is being shaped, it is currently demoralizing every single doctor and nurse. We have a healthcare system of about 20,000 people who are in the eyes of the public, and the way the conversation is now being carried, they have moved from Covid heroes to villains,” Deyalsingh said.

Minister Deyalsingh your government is already at that precipice.twisted

A pseudo poster claims I am a critic of an Afro Government .
Refute my jotting above...
- edited -
Besar 4/27/24, 10:01:22 AM
Besar avatar image

debut: 3/18/05
167 runs

Because everything you post on this side is slanted in one direction, and it sounds like you are not just campaigning for a particular side, but continually trying to blame black people for the inability of your party to win. Every article that you post seems to suggest that the only people that commit crimes in Trinidad are black people. While you are not saying it directly, you are implying so by the choice of your postings.

This is especially so, because there is another narrative that you do not post at all. Within the group that you campaign for, recent polls show that they can't win under the present leader. At least 5 of the MP's on the side you campaign for have gone publicly calling on the party leader to resign and to hold internal elections, which they seem not intended to hold, in violation of the party's constitution. You do not post any of that. everything is one sided, and constantly berates black people. You must stop that, because it is offensive.
sgtdjones 4/27/24, 4:31:25 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,169 runs

In reply to Besar

Its obvious you haven't read where I noted I have never voted in any T&T election and will not based on the idiots on both parties that are clueless.
Read the newspapers that I am quoting.

on the side you campaign

I have never shown any support for any political party in T&T.

You do not post any of that. everything is one sided, and constantly berates black people.

As a tax payer in T&T, I have been commenting on this government record over the last eight years .
If you support such leadership refute my comments instead of making foolish innuendos .

Can you tell me how can one comment on the opposition , have they made the policies over the last 8 years , are they in power ?

It shows your attack on me is baseless.

I am showing the lack of Deyalsingh in as Health minister, over 18 babies have died past 4 months?

The National Security Minister, pontificating from his ivory tower, claims that it is not his responsibility to ensure the safety of citizens.
20 wooden ladders purchased in 2022 for the T&T Fire Service at a cost of $1 million.
Some fire stations do not have working tenders

Minister Imbert , noted he has raised taxes and citizens haven rioted.
137 billion in debt , needed approval to borrow more

Under PM Rowley Tenure over 3,000 African have been murdered....his comment we are a violent society.
10 million spent on travel, claims it accounts for 17 billion in revenue....where is this revenue?
“IT could have been worse” is one of the most disrespectful and heartless things anyone could say to a victim
Despite this, words to this effect had no problem escaping Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley’s lips regarding our present crime situation.
Social inequality remains a persistent issue in our society, exacerba­ted by Rowley’s failure to implement effective social welfare programs.
Many citizens continue to struggle with poverty, lack of access to basic services, and inadequate health care.

Eric Williams used to call the Indians "recalcitrant minority and lying under the tail of a donkey."

You must stop that, because it is offensive.

The profile of the victims is no longer just “young men of African descent” from known “hot spots.”
They now include elderly citizens killed in home invasions, senior citizens robbed of their pension, homes and business places ransacked, where victims are tied up and shot, strangled, or suffocated.
They also include children of varying ages.

Refute my facts , I await.
- edited -
BeatDball 4/27/24, 11:03:39 PM
BeatDball avatar image

debut: 7/20/14
14,790 runs

Skites, like Haiti!? Say, it ain't so Sgt. sad
BeatDball 4/30/24, 11:26:34 AM
BeatDball avatar image

14,790 runs

At the barber shop, the word is, PM Rowdy Rowley is the most hated man in TnT!
sgtdjones 4/30/24, 6:09:08 PM
sgtdjones avatar image

35,169 runs

In reply to BeatDball

Tell the bwoys they are correct...

ps ..notice how I get attacked personally , but no one can refute my facts.cool
BeatDball 5/1/24, 1:18:46 PM
BeatDball avatar image

14,790 runs

In reply to sgtdjones Didn't you know that is how socishitists are? Come on maen.
- edited -