The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Quicks for the England tour

Page: previous  13 4 next 
mikelegend 4/30/24, 6:30:40 PM
mikelegend avatar image

debut: 11/28/09
9,235 runs

In reply to 4REALQUICKS

No, Sinclair is clearly more batsman than bowler nowadays. His batting, over the past 12-18 months or so, has come along leaps and bounds.

The guy seems extremely eager. His batting has looked better than anyone in the middle order CURRENTLY. He has been CONSISTENTLY bringing something to the table. He must be given the opportunity NOW.
Conorboy 4/30/24, 6:38:25 PM
Conorboy avatar image

debut: 2/21/17
575 runs

If we are to be true to our opinions we should shout for Philip to be included.
Best quick in the 4 day championship . Should be given another opportunity.
Even though I have great time for Jason I honestly think his inclusion may impact the team spirit.
This is why it is so important to include Kemar, his work rate and support of the other quicks should not go unrecognised.
Jumpstart 4/30/24, 6:42:03 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

debut: 11/30/17
9,415 runs

In reply to mikelegend

im still not convinced of motie as a genuine wicket taker in red ball cricket versus good opposition. And as the australia tour showed, the problem is batting, i would even experiment with putting sinclair batting with kraigg. he is that good. tagenarine is certainly not equipped for the technical examination of an English summer and if he goes, we are going into every innings 0-1 already.
Jumpstart 4/30/24, 6:43:16 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to Conorboy

If we are to be true to our opinions we should shout for Philip to be included.
Best quick in the 4 day championship . Should be given another opportunity.
Even though I have great time for Jason I honestly think his inclusion may impact the team spirit.

not convinced by philip and seales is doing very well in the conditions that we will have to play in in June.
Conorboy 4/30/24, 6:59:48 PM
Conorboy avatar image

575 runs

I agree that it is a hard call however there has been a lot invested in him.
Too early to write off especially as he did so well in the recent championship.
Jumpstart 4/30/24, 7:04:07 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to mikelegend

i would also include nial smith on the tour. nial is an extremely exciting prospect with a smooth action and genuine pace.. he did very well in the fc season as well
openning 4/30/24, 7:12:46 PM
openning avatar image

debut: 11/13/02
43,929 runs

My changes from the test team that turned Australia;
Louis for Tage
Holder for Greaves
Shield for Jordan
Carty for Sinclair or Zachary McCaskie

The last COS told the world, that spinners are not needed this time of year in England, so to me, Motie will be the spinner.
Jumpstart 4/30/24, 7:29:44 PM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to openning

carty is nowhere as technically sound as sinclair and sinclair has a half century against the world's best attack on their own turf. just like da silva's 78, hodge's 72, we'd have lost without those runs. carty has not demonstrated anything to say he should be selected for a test summer in england
mikelegend 4/30/24, 7:43:41 PM
mikelegend avatar image

9,235 runs

In reply to Jumpstart

i would also include nial smith

Aaaah that’s a NO for me. Smith needs to be MUCH FITTER and try to make the A team at least before being considered.
seaegg99 4/30/24, 7:52:41 PM
seaegg99 avatar image

debut: 4/6/05
4,585 runs

KB
Mckenzie/M. Louis if anyone fails in the first test
Alick/M. Louis opens or goes 1 down on failure
Hodge/Carty
Sinclair
Da silva
Moti
Shamar
Roach/ Greaves/ J Louis -Roach shouldn't play all three (fixed)
Alzari
Seales

M. Louis
Carty
Greaves
J Louis

I would stay with rebuilding the whole thing. Australia gave a glimpse of some young talent.
Continue to build. Do not see why change for players who can whim their way in and out of the team.
- edited -
mikelegend 4/30/24, 8:45:19 PM
mikelegend avatar image

9,235 runs

In reply to seaegg99

KB
Mckenzie/M. Louis if anyone fails in the first test
Alick/M. Louis opens or goes 1 down on failure
Hodge/Carty
Greaves
Sinclair
Da silva
Moti
Roach/ J Louis shouldn't play all tree
Alzari
Seales

M. Louis
Carty
J Louis
Carty

Wow! Shamar doesn’t even make your 15????
Baje 4/30/24, 9:12:15 PM
Baje avatar image

debut: 12/10/02
7,691 runs

In reply to openning

So you dropping Tage with his 32 average and keeping the others with their 20 something average
PalsofMine 4/30/24, 9:23:16 PM
PalsofMine avatar image

debut: 2/2/23
1,359 runs

i dont see why McKenzie, Athanaze or Tage should be automatic picks when they were all outbatted by Sinclair in the FC season. I see no reason why Sinclair cannot bat at 4 or 5 and I totally disagree that Motie has not shown that he is a viable red ball bowler. Similarly, I dont see why Alzharri should be an automatic pick in the starting XI when he has a below average test record after 7 years. Yes he can bowl fast but can also bowl a lot of loose boundary balls and he has still not been able to control this.
seaegg99 4/30/24, 9:34:15 PM
seaegg99 avatar image

debut: 4/6/05
4,585 runs

In reply to Baje

Tage seems to have been worked out by even the regional bowlers. His average is in free fall.
Head to head Mckenzie have gotten better starts than Tage in Australia as well as recent Regional games.
mikelegend 5/1/24, 1:35:53 AM
mikelegend avatar image

9,235 runs

In reply to PalsofMine

i dont see why McKenzie, Athanaze or Tage should be automatic picks when they were all outbatted by Sinclair in the FC season. I see no reason why Sinclair cannot bat at 4 or 5 and I totally disagree that Motie has not shown that he is a viable red ball bowler. Similarly, I dont see why Alzharri should be an automatic pick in the starting XI when he has a below average test record after 7 years. Yes he can bowl fast but can also bowl a lot of loose boundary balls and he has still not been able to control this.

I fully endorse EVERYTHING here.
openning 5/1/24, 2:06:53 AM
openning avatar image

43,929 runs

In reply to Baje

I am not continuing with both Tage and Kraigg as openers.
Allyuh was jumping and waving after a good performance during the Headley/Weekes matches, now you want to replace the youngsters?
I believe in building a squad
Jumpstart 5/1/24, 7:26:12 AM
Jumpstart avatar image

9,415 runs

In reply to Baje

So you dropping Tage with his 32 average and keeping the others with their 20 something average

tage averages 32 because he has not toured countries with markedly different conditions to the west indies, like england and new zealand. he went to SA and his highest score was 22. the dude's technique cannot withstand the scrutiny of the moving ball
anthonyp 5/1/24, 3:06:41 PM
anthonyp avatar image

debut: 11/2/09
11,629 runs

In reply to openning

You believe in building a squad? Yet yuh dropping Sinclair? A young player that looks better that most of the pretenders who call themselves batsmen?

Stick to Bajan cricket...
anthonyp 5/1/24, 3:14:47 PM
anthonyp avatar image

11,629 runs

Eventually Greaves and Hodge will be out of the squad... Don't think they are international cricketers.

If you dropping Tage then McCaskie should get drop too.. Both of them had similar returns in the recent FC tournament. I don't mind if the selectors pick Louis ahead of both of them.

This would be my starting XI

1. Slow poke
2. Louis
3. McKenzie
4. Hodge
5. Athanaze
6. Greaves
7. Sinclair
8. DaSilva
9. Alzarri
10. Shamar
11. Seales

Reserves
12. Motie
13. Thorne
14. Imlach
15. Carty/Wickham
Conorboy 5/1/24, 4:13:41 PM
Conorboy avatar image

575 runs

In reply to anthonyp

Only change for me would be Kemar for Greaves. Sinclair strengthens the batting hugely.
Would trade greaves for the sake of the team.
TheTrail 5/14/24, 4:16:41 PM
TheTrail avatar image

debut: 6/8/08
20,662 runs

In reply to anthonyp

Holder told them he's focusing on t20s...

Do you have proof that Holder said that to CWI? If you are man enough, show it where he said it directly to CWI.
TheTrail 5/14/24, 4:55:48 PM
TheTrail avatar image

20,662 runs

In reply to seaegg99

Tage seems to have been worked out by even the regional bowlers. His average is in free fall.
Head to head Mckenzie have gotten better starts than Tage in Australia as well as recent Regional games.

Here are the bowlers who will be in England and will be in the starting 11 and bowling order:
1. Roach
2. Alzarri Joseph
3. Seales
4. Shamar Joseph
5. Holder batting allrounder

BTW, one player said during a video game that if Tage plays and he thinks he could walk around in the crease before the bowler releases his ball, he will get what Steven Smith has gotten.
And if McKenzie copied him by doing the same, "our bowlers will also take him out."
- edited -
openning 5/14/24, 5:01:43 PM
openning avatar image

43,929 runs

In reply to anthonyp

You believe in building a squad? Yet yuh dropping Sinclair? A young player that looks better that most of the pretenders who call themselves batsmen?

You must be Guyanese, who hid when your homie was COS.
Roger Harper said spinners were not needed in England during the early part of the year, he did not select Veerasammy Permaul, now you want to select both Sinclair and Motie.
Motie is our experienced spinner, he will be selected, Carty is the young promising batsman, he should also be selected.
I like Sinclair, but with only a couple of tests to be played, he should get ready for the home series.
TheTrail 5/14/24, 5:20:37 PM
TheTrail avatar image

20,662 runs

In reply to openning

That cricket moral degenerate is not coming back.
- edited -
anthonyp 5/14/24, 5:25:40 PM
anthonyp avatar image

11,629 runs

In reply to openning

All of that crap and yet you can't answer the questions... how de rass you could go about boldly saying you building a team and then turn around and drop one of the most promising young players? Make it make sense eh...

Some of y'all need to stick to Bajan cricket... Slow poke mussy padding up to bat in the nets or so, focus on that instead lol
Page: previous  13 4 next