The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: CWI pushes back on Simmons, budget liability claims

CaribbeanCricket.com 2019-03-19 07:58:44 

ST JOHN’S, An­tigua – Crick­et West In­dies yes­ter­day dis­put­ed claims by re­spect­ed crick­et web­site, ES­P­N­Cricin­fo, sug­gest­ing the bud­get for the of­fice of pres­i­dent Dave Cameron had risen to half-mil­lion Unit­ed States dol­lars.

In a re­lease, CWI said the bud­get for the 2018/19 pe­ri­od was ac­tu­al­ly US$258 263, and on­ly $61 768 had been spent as of Jan­u­ary 31.

Fur­ther, CWI al­so re­fut­ed the claim in the re­port that Cameron had asked the board to ap­prove a month­ly rise from $2 000 to $10 000, with the board fi­nal­ly agree­ing to a month­ly stipend of $6 000.

CWI said, how­ev­er, its Com­pen­sa­tion Com­mit­tee chaired by Anand Kalladeen, had rec­om­mend­ed a raise for the pres­i­dent, vice-pres­i­dent and all di­rec­tors, but the pres­i­dent’s month­ly stipend on­ly stood at $4 000.

Ac­cord­ing to the re­lease, the vice-pres­i­dent’s month­ly stipend was US$2 000 while di­rec­tors re­ceived $700.

The board al­so de­nied the claim Cameron had rec­om­mend­ed an in­crease for him­self.

“In March 2018 the Com­mit­tee re­port­ed to the Board of Di­rec­tors and rec­om­mend­ed an in­crease of stipends for all di­rec­tors, in­clud­ing the Pres­i­dent and Vice Pres­i­dent,” the re­lease point­ed out.

“At no time did the Pres­i­dent rec­om­mend an in­crease for him­self.

read more at Trinidad Guardian

Full Story

cherri 2019-03-19 09:07:10 

OMG....wonder what the Under The Table Committee will say about this..........Lordie..... Lordie........ rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Emir 2019-03-19 09:24:44 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

CWI can squash all speculation by simply providing to the public audited financial statements from a reputable and independent accounting firm

Drapsey 2019-03-19 10:01:33 

In reply to Emir

Quick, Emir. Unnuh com up wid sumting else.

camos 2019-03-19 10:20:48 

In reply to Emir

have you any proof of the figures published by (Misinfo),or the story supports your narrative so you are fine with it? It says a lot when you believe a story that a corporation head approves his own pay!

Jumpstart 2019-03-19 13:48:10 

In reply to Emir

yuh know they will never do that

Kay 2019-03-19 15:45:22 

I knew that article was utter bullshyte! Most of it sounded like the writer was out to embarrass Cameron

imusic 2019-03-19 15:48:09 

In reply to camos

You defending like Kraigg bruh.

camos 2019-03-19 15:59:31 

In reply to imusic

I think I am being fair, stated Cameron style is not something I admire but I don't see a guy who was in on a lot of the things we hated as one who is going to make the changes we desire!
Plus to get back to this specific article, it has open disregard for peoples intelligence.

POINT 2019-03-20 00:03:03 

In reply to camos

So tell me O Wise Man , did You approve of his decision to pull the
Plug on the India Tour that was in
Progress ?????

Did You approve of the fact that HE
did not take the time & Effort to correctly ascertain what level Contract Bravo had ?????

Personally was and am troubled by
his Freaking Behaviour . He has no
Freaking Couth .

Now what I have cited above aint
Figment of my Imagination . These are proof that Cameron is devoid of
the necessary TEMPERAMENT to be the
President of any Freaking Entity .

The Tour to India was in Progress ,
Hotel Rooms were booked ; Vendors had stocked up their goods to sell ;
Imagine YOU want to tell me that it never dawned on HIM to try and solve the Problem ???

Imagine He made a Statement regarding Bravo ; and did not correctly know what level Contract
Bravo had . As I have stated in this
Forum , His Colossal Arrogance, made
him believe that correctly knowing
what level Contract Bravo had was a
trifling matter ; However it was not
a trifling matter to Bravo who unfortunately called him a" Big Idiot ".

Now it would be nice if those who
support Cameron come here and attempt to defend the Indefensible .