The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Wehby To Head CWI Corporate Governance Committee

CaribbeanCricket.com 2019-04-18 11:55:15 

Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be revisiting the Patterson and Wilkins Reports, and others, as part of its plan to restructure the governance of the sport regionally.

Ricky Skerritt, who was elected CWI president at its annual general meeting, last month, has been effecting immediate change to the personnel responsible for the body’s executive and technical operations. One of these is Senator Don Wehby, who has been appointed chairman of CWI’s Governance Committee, a task force set up to review the reports and make relevant changes based on its findings.

The Patterson report, compiled by former Prime Minister of Jamaica Percival James Patterson, was commissioned by former Cricket West Indies president Ken Gordon, in 2007, to examine the structure of West Indies cricket and suggest improvements.

It made 65 recommendations, which were dismissed as ‘outdated’ by Julian Hunte, who replaced Gordon soon after the report was commissioned.

Former Windies cricketer Charles Wilkin also submitted a report suggesting improvements to regional cricket, and it was also rejected by previous CWI administrations.

read more at Jamaica Gleaner

Full Story

Courtesy 2019-04-18 12:22:47 

As soon as the committee is put in place not only the members of the team should be made public but reasonable timelines should also be publicized so the stakeholders can hold CWI accountable. This new committee needs to move with alacrity on the new governance structure and leave no time and space for them sitting on their haunches.

A timetable for deliverables please.

Walco 2019-04-18 12:36:53 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

It made 65 recommendations, which were dismissed as ‘outdated’ by Julian Hunte, who replaced Gordon soon after the report was commissioned.

Revisionist history dat

Star 2019-04-18 14:27:32 

Dr Webster, who post here under the pseudonym "POINT" must be very very happy with everything so far.

tc1 2019-04-18 14:33:25 

In reply to Star

The POINT is a vince, went to school in Bim at the Barbados Academy aka Rudder

POINT 2019-04-18 14:41:51 

Personally I have absolutely no Confidence in Wehby , especially since
in this Forum , I was informed that
Cameron ; Wehby & Hinds belong to the
same Cricket Club in Jamaica .

BTW WHERE THE HELL IS THE WEHBY REPORT

If indeed Wehby is going to be a part of any New Restructuring , it amply
demonstrates that the Wehby Report was
and is a Cruel Hoax that was foisted
on the People of the Region .

Yet this same Wehby who was commissioned to produce a Report is
now going to be employed to overlook
other Reports , demonstrates that
Skerritt brain is exceedingly Shallow; and that it putting it mildly .

Courtesy 2019-04-18 15:29:50 

Sir Julian Hunte sets the record straight regarding this quote emanating from the Jamaica Gleaner story under reference:

In a telephone interview with me this morning Sir Julian has categorically denied the statement attributed to him as false.

According to Sir Julian and I am quoting him directly, "we implemented most of the recommendations of the Patterson Report...one of the areas that we had great difficulty with is the area where a super structure was recommended. We could not go with this super structure recommendation because we did not see ourselves as elected officials having to report or refer to this structure."

Slipfeeler 2019-04-18 15:38:50 

The point is that after the reports and recommendations have been sitting on the self by the Cameron Administration for years, it now takes a man like Skerritt who is concerned about the future development of WI cricket, to now review and possible implement some if not all of the recommendations based on current need. This is an exciting and refreshing turn of event for WI cricket. We spent years bemoaning the lack of implementation and now we are on the cusp of realization, some are still unhappy. In the Caribbean, the opposition party just oppose for oppose sake, sometime void of merit. Lets rally around WI Cricket and our new Prez.in unity. Forward ever, backward never!

natty_forever 2019-04-18 16:54:41 

In reply to Slipfeeler it's their move, lots of talk, lets see.

Yadi 2019-04-18 19:10:56 

In reply to POINT

So, why did you spend so much of your

life asking about the Wehby report?

POINT 2019-04-18 21:55:37 

In reply to Yadi

I was under the impression that Wehby
was an honest Broker , however on reading in this Forum that Wehby , Cameron & Hinds belong to the same
Cricket Club in Jamaica .

That has to my knowledge not been debunked , as a Result I have stated in
this very Forum that the Wehby Report
is a Phantom Document .

I now believe that Wehby has absolutely no credibility regarding
being the Chairperson of Entity dealing with the Structure of West Indies Cricket .

hawk 2019-04-19 00:24:32 

In reply to POINT

if i was you, i would be shame, all these years with your consistent regurgitation of and i quote "where the hell is the Wehby Report" and now back tracking, you called for change and canvass for the removal of Cameron and his cohorts now them gone this is what you coming with.

Yadi 2019-04-19 00:28:17 

In reply to hawk

Exactly.

POINT 2019-04-19 12:56:39 

In reply to hawk

Your perception of me backtracking is
totally absurb . So let me spell it out for you . My take , which is
undeniable is this :

WEHBY WAS COMMISSIONED BY THE WICBC

UNDER THE LEADERSHIP OF CAMERON TO

SUBMIT A REPORT TO THE WICBC A FEW

YEARS AGO . WEHBY , TO MY KNOWLEDGE

HAS NOT SUBMITTED THAT PARTICULAR

REPORT .

But HE is now the chairman of a NEW
Report . This to me is akin to be playing a new version of Musical Chairs .

SKERRITT HAS NOW APPOINTED A MAN WHO

WAS TASKED TO PRODUCE A REPORT THAT

IS NONEXISTENT TO BE THE CHAIRMAN OF

A BRAND NEW REPORT .

This is absolutely absurd , it is quite evident that this has escaped You thinking . The freaking fact is that during the Administration of Cameron et al , Wehby was commissioned by the Cameron Administration to produce a Report .

THAT REPORT WAS TO MY KNOWLEDGE NEVER

PRODUCED .YET DESPITE THIS FREAKING

FACT , SKERRITT IS ASKING WEHBY TO BE

THE CHAIRMAN OF NEW COMMITTEE

REGARDING THE STRUCTURE OF THE WICBC.

This absurdity may have escaped You ,
however it has not escaped my noticing this Nonsense . I sincerely
hope that You will be able to digest this freaking absurdity .

In essence the Question is this :

WHY CHOOSE A MAN WHO WAS TASKED TO

PRODUCE A REPORT , AND FAILED TO DO

THAT TO NOW BE THE HEAD OF SIMILAR

COMMITTEE ?????

Courtesy 2019-04-19 13:14:13 

SO WHERE IS THE REPORT FROM THE WEHBY COMMITTEE ?????

POINT 2018-04-02 16:12:48
I get the impression that WE will never ever see the Contents of that
Report, the latest Report Commissioned by the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth .

It has generally been the tactic of
those in the WICBC/CWI to authorize
various Reports , in a blatant effort
to Bamboozle the General Public .

The Wehby Report is simply the latest
of this dastardly Machiavellian Tactic

POINT 2018-04-05 00:05:39
It is in my opinion incumbent on the
Governments of the Region to enquire
about the Famous or Infamous :

WEHBY REPORT WHICH WAS COMMISSIONED

BY THE WORST INTERNATIONAL CRICKET

BOARD IN THE COMMONWEALTH , AKA THE

WICBC/CWI .

Let remind All & Sundry , that the
Wehby Report was commissioned by the
WICBC/CWI Immediately after the WICBC/CWI learned that another Report
had called for the removal of the WICBC/CWI from the governance of Cricket in the Region .

I will surely have a heart attack if
the Wehby Report , agrees with the
oTHER Report that called for a Restructuring of the WICBC/CWI .

Wehby has not submitted a report but "I get the impression that WE will never ever see the Contents of that Report,..."

What a spooning raving loony.

Btw, Wehby submitted his recommendations to the then board as per his remit and as he was mandated to do.

POINT 2019-04-19 15:04:51 

In reply to Courtesy

As Always it gives me Great Pleasure
to inform You that the Sentiments You have expressed are Mutual !!!!!

jacksprat 2019-04-19 16:14:58 

If it is "totally absurb" to dismiss Wehby out of hand because he allegedly belongs to the same cricket club as Cameron and Hinds, how difficult would it be to take this foolishness one step further and dismiss him for the equally egregious crime of carrying the same passport, or being of the same race as Hinds and Cameron?

Now I will go back to scrolling pass when I see the handle of a particular poster and his repetitive, pointless crud with all its misplaced capitalizations!

hawk 2019-04-19 17:30:53 

In reply to POINT

Point...you have discredited yourself, to come now and say the Wehby report was never submitted demonstrates you did not do your homework, why were you bellyaching all these years about a non-existent report that was supposedly written by someone whom you now claim you have no confidence in....now that is absurd, but you didn't even stop there, your lack of confidence in Mr Wehby does not stem from the fact that he has performed poorly, but from the fact that he belongs to the same club as Cameron...ridiculous and absurd my friend

confidence or lack thereof should be base solely on performance

jelfew 2019-04-19 17:58:43 

I am sure Skerritt said they were going to go over the WEHBY REPORT WHICH CWI HAS. I pointed out some time ago that Cameron commissioned the WEHBY report to see is what was not already implemented from the Patterson report should be implemented, I pointed out that Cameron never said that CWI would publish the Wehby report. It would seem that it was there all along but not published. Sir Julian is now pointing out that most of the recommendations were implemented and CWI has maintained that position all along.

POINT does not know of a Wehby reports but it would seem that Wehby did do his report and delivered it to WICB. Skerritt has confidence in him and now wants him to do more.

POINT 2019-04-19 21:37:10 

In reply to jelfew

If he did submit the famous Report , then I offer my Apologies . I find it interesting that his Good Friend Cameron never ever mentioned that
Wehby submitted his Report .

There is too much Damn Chicanery going
on in the Worst International Cricket
Board in the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC .

The Questions now is when is this
Report going to be implemented , & is
the General Public Going to be able to purchase Copies of the Report ???.

jelfew 2019-04-19 22:43:12 

In reply to POINT

You should not ne offering any apology because we never knew if or that Wehby submitted any report until Cameron was voted out. It would seem that he never intended to publish it or implement anything. Now Wehby again is being given the Chairmanship of The Governance Committee that can recommend and influence real changes. We will still have to wait and see. Anyway, I would really want to know what is contained in the WEHBY REPORT, assuming there is one. confused confused confused

POINT 2019-04-20 02:29:21 

In reply to jelfew

I hear You !!!! I suspect that the reason why the various Reports that were commissioned were never made Public was to ensure that underhand stuff could be engineered , without
the knowledge of the General Public .

I am reminded of the phrase :

"SUNLIGHT IS THE BEST DISINTFECTANT "

It is very well known that only the
People in the WICBC are aquainted with Rules & Regulation of the WICBC.

Worse yet their Lackeys in the Media
rather than ferret out the Truth ; prefer instead to parrot what their
Masters in the WICBC tell them .

I have absolutely no intention of
being charitable to those in the Media who claim to be in the Sports
Media . Their lack of Professionalism
has enabled the WICBC to become a Rogue International Cricket Board .

Courtesy 2019-04-20 11:12:31 

The terms of reference of the Don Wehby Committee appointed during the WICB Chairpersonship of Dave Cameron in May 2016:

"To focus primarily on the recommendations (the undone recommendations from the Lucky, Patterson and Wilkin Reports) that have not been implemented and for the team to examine if there is an opportunity to bring anything back to the Territorial Boards and the WICB for adoption by the shareholders.”

Anyone following West Indies Cricket and with an interest in the organisation will know that the main features of the reports (Lucky Patterson and Wilkin) which were not implemented by WICB are those flavoured with governance issues and the Don Wehby Committee presented same to the WICB in 2016.

POINT 2019-04-20 14:56:43 

So it took nearly 3 Freaking years to
produce a Report regarding having a new
Structure for the WICBC ???

As I have frequently stated in this Forum , if there were Real Sports Journalists in the Region , They would
have enquired about the Wehby Report .

The stark freaking fact is that what WE
have in the Region are a collection of
Jokers , masquerading as Sports Journalists , whose duty is to pay homage to those in the Worst International Cricket Board in the
Commonwealth .

jelfew 2019-04-20 18:04:55 

In reply to Courtesy

If Cameron and the WICB received a report from Wehby in 2016 about implementing the proposed changed governance structure, then it is understandable why the report was never published and that recommendation implemented. The WICB had always stood firm against implementing that, as proposed. It was one recommendation they flatly turned down and Sir Julian is also now reminding us of that.

POINT 2019-04-20 21:07:58 

In reply to jelfew

This is precisely why I refer to the
WICBC as a Rogue Cricket Board . It has
been allowed to flourish due the fact
that in the Region most of the Jokers
who claim to be Sports Journalists , are actually Frauds masquerading as
Sports Journalists .

The fact is that early in the 21st Century , the 3 versions of the game
in the Region had Sponsors . The Sponsors of the longer versions of the game decided to stop being Sponsors .

I expected the Jokers in the Region
who claim to be Sports Journalists , to ascertain from the Sponsors of those 2 versions of the game , what
were the reasons why they decided to
stop being Sponsors .

Unfortunately the Lackeys of the Worst International Cricket Board in the Commonwealth , aka the WICBC apparently did not believe that was &
is a part of their Job .

In essence those in the Sports Media
are as much responsible for the State
of West Indies Cricket , as those in
the WICBC . It seems that they are devoid of the Testicular Fortitude to
be critical of those in the WICBC
afflicted with "MASSA MENTALITY "
Disease .

Time will tell whether or not Skerritt & Shallow can put an end to
the MASSA MENTALITY that pervades the
Worst International Cricket Board in
the Commonwealth .