The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Perreira unimpressed by Skerritt

CaribbeanCricket.com 2020-03-20 05:14:06 

Retired but outspoken cricket commentator Joseph ‘Reds’ Perreira was this week critical of the performance of the Ricky Skerritt-led CWI in their first year of leadership of regional cricket.

In March 2019, Skerritt and running mate Dr Kishore Shallow defeated the then incumbent Dave Cameron and Emmanuel Nathan 8-4 in a landslide victory at the Jamaica Pegasus in Kingston, Jamaica, and then quickly set about making some of the changes they had promised in their 10-point plan for the revitalisation of West Indies cricket. 

Those changes included removing head coach Richard Pybus and Vasbert Drakes just three months after they guided the West Indies to a shock 2-1 Test series victory against then World no.1 England in February 2019.

The West Indies also played England to a 2-2 stalemate in the subsequent ODI series.

However, speaking on Andrew Mason and Guest in Barbados this week, the 80-year-old Perreira did not mince his words when he related his grouses about the year-old administration.

Read more at Barbados Today

Full Story

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 13:18:05 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

this is not the same man who loved pat rousseau, probably the worst WICB president after cameron.......give me a break. Reds has always been a wicb lap dog

camos 2020-03-20 13:28:38 

In reply to Jumpstart

pat rousseau

none of the last 10 cwi heads has made as lasting impression on the organization as pat!

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 13:47:51 

In reply to camos

Lasting impression....sure.....teddy griffith, julian hunte, peter short, dave cameron, clyde walcott(who offered clive lloyd 150 pounds for winning the CWC1979)(The absolute worse that caribbean administration in any field has to offer).....skerrit has been one of the few good wicb presidents, Allan rae, wes hall and ken gordon being the rest. Roussaeu was like the african dictators of the 70s and 80s, aggressive, autocratic and impossible to be reasoned with. There is NO redeeming feature of his presidency, just as with cameron.

carl0002 2020-03-20 13:52:47 

In reply to Jumpstart

skerrit has been one of the few good wicb presidents

Based on.....

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 13:57:20 

In reply to carl0002

his policy to
1. Having a harmonious relationship with the players. So that the days on picking second string teams are over. Remember the name has been a casualty of the policy change
2. His honesty about the financial challenges that the board is facing, quite a few accrued during the time of that fool cameron.
3. His WI first policy which has brought phil simmmons( internationally recognized as one of the best coaches in the world) back to the wi

camos 2020-03-20 14:04:10 

In reply to carl0002

This guy is Trump himself!

lol

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 14:12:22 

In reply to camos

what a clown

carl0002 2020-03-20 14:23:31 

In reply to Jumpstart
Really?
Name the policy that Skerrit developed that created harmony with the players union. Apart from filling up the team with a bunch of washed up Trini's and faking the process of hiring a new coach. Oops! Should have saved that one to add to his bs list that has seen performance drop of a cliff. Not that it was anything to write home about in the first place.

The financial stuff you just quoted is bs. Obviously you just started following WI cricket and have not seen the cycle of revenues and losses compiled with the change in future tours program and the change in the model of HOW icc distributes revenue not to mention the arrival of the big three. Skerrit did squat to impact any of that..

And you must be a Trini cuz Phil has been and will be disaster but you got 4 yrs of him so ban u belly.

camos 2020-03-20 14:29:59 

In reply to carl0002

don't waste your time!

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 14:34:45 

In reply to carl0002

De players union which was headed by WAVELL HINDS?????????????? The same person who chris gayle told flat he was lying about the payment agreement which caused a premature end to the tour? Have some dignity when yuh arguing and at least mention people who are relevant. No interactions with WIPA because is has been IRRELEVANT since the india debacle and skerrit knows that. Most of the players are not members of WIPA, and that includes all the newbies too

camos 2020-03-20 14:39:18 

In reply to camos

lol see I told you,what you make of all that bullshit!

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 14:48:27 

In reply to camos
Well if you say so. But everyone else in the world views administrators like pat rousseau and cameron in the same category as peter chingoka and co. So i think im right.

tc1 2020-03-20 14:56:25 

In reply to Jumpstart

If the world is titeland, then fat Simmo is the best.

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 15:01:52 

In reply to tc1

well jarrod kimber is Australian and this is what he says

Simmons is one of the best coaches in the world, and not only a Trinidadian, but also represented the West Indies 169 times. Surely - even despite his large and recent payout - he should be the man to lead this side into the future.

Link Text

This was during the world cup

carl0002 2020-03-20 15:27:48 

In reply to camos

U r right, I should not have wasted my time. shock

Jumpstart 2020-03-20 15:39:10 

In reply to carl0002

me too. its impossible to reason with five year olds......i forgot

carl0002 2020-03-20 21:54:22 

In reply to Jumpstart
I certainly won't be pulled into an exchange of immature, infantile insults with the likes of you. So carry on. I really don't have the time or energy. I really don't care.

hairline1 2020-03-20 22:16:38 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Ah Boy back from vacation. Finally a old school commentator who knows a ting' or 2. about cricket continue to talk Sir'Reds.

C.nt-rritt" right out the Gate A big guts' Horse,and a big guts'Camel in Simmons. Lead us gentlemen the cart is in front of you, now Gett" cool

Cortes 2020-03-20 23:21:49 

In reply to carl0002

Hey guevon, you must be a Bajan! prejudice and ugliness showing in your giant forehead, you people don't have mirrors?
Most selfish, arrogant people in the entire Caribbean cannot wait for Guyanese to buy the other half of your flat- ass country.

Ray123 2020-03-21 01:09:49 

In reply to Cortes

Everybody come and see this!! You really put a lot of thought into this didn't you lol lol lol

Jumpstart 2020-03-21 12:15:31 

In reply to carl0002

Yeah because you know you're talking rubbish. Nobody outside of Pat Rousseau's small patronage respected him as a WICB administrator. The fool even said after brian lara scored the tired hundred of 80 balls in 1999 (following 213 and 153*) that Lara's innings was irresponsible. Clown. He had to resign in disgrace too. Even the SA debacle, like cameron in india, was as a result of his own arrogance and petulance, going back on a promise in april during the england series that the pay structure for players would be improved that year. Then Lying about the incident in a Jamaica observer article, only rectified when lara threatened to sue the paper after which they retracted the article and published an apology

buds 2020-03-21 14:32:24 

Skerritt gets a F .The teams has regressed under his stewardship.
Ntm his bad decisions for coaches etc.

Walco 2020-03-21 16:24:40 

In reply to Ray123

lol Boy dem Trinis real sensitive ... carl0002 is as bajan as ackee and salt fish lol

Jumpstart 2020-03-23 01:33:36 

In reply to Walco

Didn't say that Carl0002 is janai can. Cameron's patronage was primarily Bajans. He even had an antagonistic relationship with his home board the JCA. In fact now that yuh tell me Carl is bajan, I could see he would be upset by the dropping of political choices like remember the name and co

sudden 2020-03-23 10:58:08 

In reply to Jumpstart

In reply to Walco

Didn't say that Carl0002 is janai can. Cameron's patronage was primarily Bajans. He even had an antagonistic relationship with his home board the JCA. In fact now that yuh tell me Carl is bajan, I could see he would be upset by the dropping of political choices like remember the name and co

man, u r special big grin

Jumpstart 2020-03-23 14:04:06 

In reply to sudden

so is carlos brathwaite, ashley nurse, ranjendra chandrika and a whole host of other failures who managed to put on the maroon thanks to their board's allegiances. Guyana(the illegitimate board) and barbados were the only ones dumb enough to vote for de bid idiot