The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: MATTHEWS LEADS WEST INDIES WOMEN’S CG UNITED ODI SQUAD AGAINST NEW ZEALAND

CaribbeanCricket.com 2022-09-12 22:15:45 

ST. JOHN’S, Antigua - Cricket West Indies (CWI) today announced a seventeen-member provisional squad to take on New Zealand Women in three CG United One Day Internationals (ODIs) from September 16-22 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua. 

Newly appointed captain Hayley Matthews leads the squad which sees the return of the experienced Natasha McLean. The squad was selected with the consideration of performances in the recently concluded Skyexch 6ixty and the Massy Women’s Caribbean Premier League (WCPL) tournaments. 

A match-day squad of 13 players will be selected ahead of each CG United ODI. ​ The CG United ODI Series is scheduled for September 16, 18 and 22 with matches starting at 9.30am local time, 8.30am Jamaica time. The T20 Internationals (T20Is) are scheduled for September 25 to October 6. All of the T20Is will start at 1.30pm local time, 12:30pm Jamaica time, other than the 4th T20I on Tuesday, October 4 which will start at 10.00am local time, 9.00am Jamaica time. 

Full Story

Osmond 2022-09-12 22:38:32 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

So where is Qianna Joseph?........Every game I observe, the 21 Year old leggie has the most economical figures. How is she not in the 17?

Windiesfan78 2022-09-12 23:02:55 

In reply to Osmond

I was really impressed with Qiana in the 6ixty and the WCPL. It was her aggressive innings that led the Royals to the WCPL final. I also like her enthusiasm. Hopefully she will get a chance soon.