The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: ‘Hetmyer has to know what he wants’- Chief Selector Sarwan

CaribbeanCricket.com 2023-03-07 14:27:49 

Chairman of the Senior National Selection Panel, Ramanaresh Sarwan, has indicated that Shimron Hetmyer’s selection to the Guyana Harpy Eagles would hinge on him playing Inter-County cricket.

According to Sarwan, he has spoken to Hetmyer on numerous occasions and would trust that a “mature” Hetmyer would make the necessary choices.

“I have spoken to ‘Hetty’ numerous times before and I think ‘Hetty’ is mature enough and old enough to make the right decisions and he has to know what he wants,” Sarwan stated on Saturday when questioned on Hetmyer’s availability for selection.

Sarwan announced the Guyana Harpy Eagles squad for the third round of the West Indies Four-Day Championship, and Hetmyer, who opted out of playing for county team Berbice for reportedly family commitments, was not included in the squad.

Read more at Newsroom

Full Story

Halliwell 2023-03-07 14:29:23 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Sars fast and out of place
How dare he go above ‘Hetty’ wife’s head big grin

KarlDitz 2023-03-07 17:42:59 

[b]In reply to CaribbeanCricket.

Hetmyer and shown us what he wants over and over. There is nothing for him to say.

cumberland 2023-03-07 17:49:00 

In reply to KarlDitz!!

You'd think West Indians would get it!

Onionman0 2023-03-07 17:54:58 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Any players playing regional tournament.....plays for a reason...
1.Correct some technical issues

2.Earn recall to West Indies team

Hety has an acrimonious relationship with present administration....Knows he won't be consider for Regional team.Better keep himself fit for IPL.After all he has young family to look after.

Hety,Lewis,Allen all will be back....once this administration goes after March election..

imusic 2023-03-07 17:59:50 

Sarwan sounding like Ernest Hilaire

Soon he go say Harpy Eagles want a star team, not star players cool

openning 2023-03-07 18:06:03 

In reply to imusic
Roger Harper as COS said, Hetmyer seem to like watching other batsman bat.

Dukes 2023-03-07 18:20:51 

In reply to openning

Roger Harper as COS said, Hetmyer seem to like watching other batsman bat.

That is FALSE

Roger Harper WAS NOT COS when he made that statement.

openning 2023-03-07 18:25:40 

In reply to Dukes
He said it more than once, I heard him with my two ears, and he was COS.

Dukes 2023-03-07 18:26:54 

In reply to openning

You are WRONG

How much money are you willing to bet????

openning 2023-03-07 18:29:17 

In reply to Dukes
It is so good to see you acknowledge he made the statement, once you did that no need to go further.
lol

Dukes 2023-03-07 18:33:55 

In reply to imusic

Sarwan sounding like Ernest Hilaire

Soon he go say Harpy Eagles want a star team, not star players

You are trying to paint Ronnie in poor light.

Ronnie said that according to GCB Policy in order to qualify for GCB selection to the National Team you have to participate in Inter County matches.It is obvious that he told Hetty just that and Hetty decided ( or was instructed by his momager)to not play in the inter-county match DESPITE telling the Berbice selectors that he was available, to not play.

Dukes 2023-03-07 18:41:34 

In reply to openning

It is so good to see you acknowledge he made the statement, once you did that no need to go further.

Roger Harper made the statement BEFORE he became COS.

Sadly you do not distinguish making the statement as a private citizen as a comments person and the responsibilities as COS.'

That however does not give you the license to make false statements.

IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE.

WI_cricfan 2023-03-07 18:47:37 

Hetty net worth: $20M (USD) as of 2022

Sarwan net worth: $5M (USD) as of Jan 2023

Translation: Sars tek a hike nah!

imusic 2023-03-07 18:50:13 

In reply to Dukes

What’s the difference between Ronnie telling Hety about GCB policy that he had to play Inter County matches to be eligible to play for the National team, and Hilaire telling Sarwan, Gayle, Bravo, Pollard et al that according to CWI policy, they had to play regional red ball cricket to be eligible for selection to the test team?

Barry 2023-03-07 18:57:31 

In reply to WI_cricfan
Money and false figures maketh the man
big grin

Barry 2023-03-07 18:58:00 

In reply to imusic
motive?
Easy question

cool razz

Dukes 2023-03-07 19:16:19 

In reply to imusic

The answer is quite simple.Sarwan is the chairman of Selectors for the Guyana team.As far as I am aware Hilaire was never Chairman of the Selectors for the WI team. Moreover the problem with Hilarie that most of us have has nothing to do with eligibility for selection but 1.His opinion that he decides who is fit and who is not fit.2 He decides who has the right attitude and who does not and 3.He decides who is good for WI cricket and who is not.
In other words, HE IS GOD.
It is surprising(as mild an adjective I could think of) that you are seeking seemingly to equate Sarwan to Hilaire.

Raskil 2023-03-07 19:22:50 

In reply to WI_cricfan

Hetty net worth: $20M (USD) as of 2022

Sarwan net worth: $5M (USD) as of Jan 2023

Translation: Sars tek a hike nah!

Right above your post is a statement about IGNORANCE!

You still gone and post crap!

Well stay in your bliss

lol

openning 2023-03-07 19:40:58 

In reply to imusic
I am so confuse reading these posts.
Sarwan as a selector can speak of policy, Hilaire as CEO cannot.
Roger Harper can give his views as a private citizen, but when becoming the COS you closet his former statements

Dukes 2023-03-07 19:56:57 

In reply to openning

I am so confuse reading these posts.

I have a reputation for being a good teacher so I will give it a go.

Sarwan as a selector can speak of policy, Hilaire as CEO cannot.

NO
Sarwan as a selector is tasked with carrying out the policy.
THE CEO along with his Directors SET the policy.

Roger Harper can give his views as a private citizen, but when becoming the CEO you closet his former statements

When one is in a position of great responsibility and power, one has to be careful in what one says publicly.
I do not think one needs to have been in such a position to understand that phenomenon but it certainly helps.

NOW if you are still confused, please tell me what about this post you do not understand.

sudden 2023-03-07 20:04:05 

In reply to Dukes

So even if RH did not make the statement as COS does that mean he took it back or that it was untrue or nullified?

NO
Sarwan as a selector is tasked with carrying out the policy.
THE CEO along with his Directors SET the policy.

That does not answer whether Sarwan can speak of a policy or not. In fact Sarwan as a selector should speak of or to policy if it impacts a selection

Barry 2023-03-07 20:06:21 

In reply to openning

Did u go university? There is a chief of selectors… rolleyes

Barry 2023-03-07 20:07:21 

In reply to sudden

If he doesn’t have the legal authority he can’t do it cool

sudden 2023-03-07 20:14:14 

In reply to Barry

Nonsense…what legal authority does he need? Name it?

nick2020 2023-03-07 20:26:32 

In reply to sudden

But who did Dukes side with? big grin

Dukes 2023-03-07 20:28:57 

In reply to sudden

In fact Sarwan as a selector should speak of or to policy if it impacts a selection

That is exactly what he did.He reiterated a policy of the GCB and it was directly the cause of his decision not to include Hettie in the team as he was INELIGIBLE.
I feel like I am in Kindergarten class!!!!!!

PHEW

sudden 2023-03-07 20:29:34 

In reply to nick2020

I hear waiting on his reply big grin

Dukes’s 3 children has him in a bind. big grin

sudden 2023-03-07 20:30:04 

In reply to Dukes

So what silly answer you gave deh?

Dukes 2023-03-07 20:35:50 

In reply to sudden

You are an expert in the ABSURD.

The Selectors are appointed by the Board.They have to carry out the policy of the Board.If they disagree with the policy as it pertains to their work, they should resign.It is really quite simple.
The policy is that in order to play for the National side you have to play Inter -County.If you as a selector disagree with the policy, you should resign and state that you were resigning because you disagree with the policy.

In a world where few have integrity or honesty I can understand the seeming great difficulty in understanding what I am saying but hey such is life in 2023.

sudden 2023-03-07 20:37:31 

In reply to Dukes

That answer whilst correct, generally speaking, does not make contact with the question under review big grin

Dukes 2023-03-07 20:39:31 

In reply to sudden

the question under review

What is the question under review?

sudden 2023-03-07 20:44:59 

In reply to Dukes

The one that you have made 3 attempts to answer

And don’t forget the one about RH big grin

Dukes 2023-03-07 20:49:26 

In reply to sudden

As I said you are well versed in the ABSURD

There is NO FCUKING QUESTION UNDER REVIEW
As evidenced by your non-answer to my question.

sudden 2023-03-07 20:55:49 

In reply to Dukes

Whether Sarwan can speak to policy as posed by opening

And the issue surrounding RH speaking about Hetty liking to see other people bat?

Dukes 2023-03-07 21:03:02 

In reply to sudden

Those two situations have been addressed by me in clear, concise terms.
If you still then have an issue, then you need to join the sightseers of January 6th with the Ballbeater. and allyuh can then jump into a lake as far as I am concerned.

sudden 2023-03-07 21:07:33 

In reply to Dukes

Admittedly after pulling teeth you agreed with Openning that Sarwan can speak to policy like Hilliare and I hope you are not making a distinction between RH the selector and RH the upstanding person?

Dukes 2023-03-07 21:31:21 

In reply to sudden

Admittedly after pulling teeth you agreed with Openning that Sarwan can speak to policy like Hilliare

I know it is normal legal fare to blithely imply that people have said things that you know they did not say but in this environment we want HONESTY NOT LEGALESE which unfortunately too often are diametrically opposite.
We both know that I never said or implied that Sarwan could not mention policy ESPECIALLY when it DIRECTLY affects selection yet you do just that.

I hope you are not making a distinct between RH the selector and RH the upstanding person?

The man said RH said something AS COS which was FALSE.I pointed that out.
You, having worked in areas of significant responsibility know very well that when you are in certain positions you do not say certain things.STOP PRETENDING!!!!!!

Sylobaby 2023-03-07 22:31:58 

Hetty knows what he wants to do and frankly he is doing exactly that. Playing inter country, for Guyana and West Indies was hard work with very little pay while playing T/20 cricket around the world made him a millionaire. So the best thing for him is to stay healthy and await the next big contract that doesn’t have all the politics of passing fitness test

Sylobaby 2023-03-07 22:32:46 

Hetty knows what he wants to do and frankly he is doing exactly that. Playing inter country, for Guyana and West Indies was hard work with very little pay while playing T/20 cricket around the world made him a millionaire. So the best thing for him is to stay healthy and await the next big contract that doesn’t have all the politics of passing fitness test

tc1 2023-03-07 22:57:16 

The Dukester is caught between a rock and a hard place. lol

Barry 2023-03-07 23:20:36 

In reply to sudden

Hillaire can’t speak of this policy specifically unlike Sarwan… confused

openning 2023-03-07 23:21:17 

In reply to Dukes

The man said RH said something AS COS which was FALSE.

I remember RH saying it twice, I believe one of them was on the Mason and Guests show, I believe the next time I heard it was during commentary.
Anyway RH became COS, within the time he spoke of Hetmyer, this is the same COS that spoke about spinners in England during the Spring, selecting Warrican while leaving the better lefties at home in Guyana.
I am waiting to see Australia leaving Lyons home, for the same reason.

Dukes 2023-03-07 23:43:08 

In reply to openning

I can GUARANTEE that Roger Andrew Harper DID NOT SAY THAT WHEN HE WAS COS.

I am so confident of it I am willing to bet money on it.There is an extremely good reason for my confidence.

openning 2023-03-08 00:21:14 

In reply to Dukes
I had such an ego when Ali was boxing, that I bet my french super mate that Spinks could not and did not beat Ali, for about 3-4 minutes after the fight, I kept arguing letting him know he heard it wrong.
He was right, it cost this poor student $100 us.

Barry 2023-03-08 01:49:13 

In reply to openning
You are absurd.

confused

imusic 2023-03-08 02:49:26 

So Interesting to see how all these posters suddenly understanding (to put it mildly…..more like advocating now) that players need to look out for themselves.

No more mercenary and prima donna chat when it comes to their players.

Yuh just have to laugh cool

Dukes 2023-03-08 11:10:08 

In reply to imusic

No more mercenary and prima donna chat when it comes to their players

If you are suggesting that Hattie's behavior can not be described as prima donna you are very mistaken.

If you do not want to play for Guyana or the West Indies SAY SO.
The fact that he said he was available to play for Berbice and then either said he was not or just did not turn up is INEXCUSABLE..

Halliwell 2023-03-08 11:24:57 

Not to take this thread too lightly but the noise from all the reversing is giving me a headache big grin

Dukes 2023-03-08 11:54:31 

In reply to Halliwell

Please explain.

Larr Pullo 2023-03-08 12:38:26 

lol lol lol lol lol

Funny thread....

sudden 2023-03-08 12:44:17 

In reply to Halliwell

you can be so cowardly at times?

sudden 2023-03-08 12:44:59 

In reply to Larr Pullo

your main man Dukes throwing some heavy punches. too bad they are not connecting big grin

Barry 2023-03-08 16:53:13 

In reply to Halliwell

Not to take this thread too lightly but the noise from all the reversing is giving me a headache

I feel sorry for him as I did for his cousin

razz