The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Pooran happy to repay investment after seeing LSG into playoffs

CaribbeanCricket.com 2023-05-22 15:21:47 

KOLKATA, India (CMC) – Nicholas Pooran said Saturday he was happy to repay the investment Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) had made in him, after helping the franchise through to the playoffs of the Indian Premier League.

The left-hander top-scored with a Man-of-the-Match 58 on Saturday as Super Giants pulled off a narrow one-run victory over Andre Russell and Sunil Narine’s Kolkata Knight Riders at Eden Gardens.

With Super Giants stumbling at 73 for five at the start of the 11th over, Pooran arrived at number seven to blast four fours and five sixes in a 30-ball knock, before perishing in the penultimate over with victory already in sight.

“I knew I had to go as deep as possible. I know once the spinners are bowling they’ll give me bad balls and it’s a really small venue, as well so I was hoping to capitalise. But I just tried to go as deep as I [could],” said the former West Indies captain, picked up a year ago in the IPL draft by Super Giants for nearly US$2 million.

Read more at Jamaica Gleaner

Full Story

Barry 2023-05-22 16:53:50 

Psalm 22
A prophecy in connection with the Messiah

7 Those who look at me laugh. They stick out their tongues and shake their heads.
8 They say, "Turn to the Lord for help. Maybe he will save you. If he likes you, maybe he will rescue you."
9 You had my mother give birth to me. You made me trust you while I was just a baby.
10 I have leaned on you since the day I was born; you have been my God since my mother gave me birth.
11 So don't be far away from me. Now trouble is near, and there is no one to help.
12 People have surrounded me like angry bulls. Like the strong bulls of Bashan, they are on every side.
13 Like hungry, roaring lions they open their mouths at me.
14 My strength is gone, like water poured out onto the ground, and my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax; it has melted inside me.
15 My strength has dried up like a clay pot, and my tongue sticks to the top of my mouth. You laid me in the dust of death.
16 Evil people have surrounded me; like dogs they have trapped me. They have bitten my arms and legs.
17 I can count all my bones; people look and stare at me.
18 They divided my clothes among them, and they threw lots for my clothing.

Barry 2023-05-22 16:55:41 

Evil people surround me?- I feel like I in ...... razz

Barry 2023-05-23 10:59:00 

I see…. big grin

natty_forever 2023-05-23 12:18:30 

Judas

Barry 2023-05-23 18:22:11 

In reply to natty_forever

You are big grin

Halliwell 2023-05-23 21:07:44 

In reply to Barry

Pooran surprised me

After the past year, with monumental failure after catastrophic loss, he found a way to deliver for his employer.
That’s has to say something about the man.

Barry 2023-05-24 12:55:51 

In reply to Halliwell

A diamond is a diamond even in the shit…hounds persist..

StumpCam 2023-05-24 17:11:42 

In reply to Halliwell

Pooran surprised me

Me too! lol lol

Halliwell 2023-05-24 17:17:25 

In reply to Barry

Must you bring the good and venerable doctor into everything???? lol lol lol

Halliwell 2023-05-24 17:18:44 

In reply to StumpCam

That Pooran fella shudda keep he mowt shut until after the tournament

Akash Madhwal to Pooran, out Caught by Ishan Kishan!! This fellow Akash Madhwal has something about him. Stunned faces in the LSG setup. This could well be the match. From round the wicket, full outside off and holds its line, Pooran pushes and the thick outside-edge is easily held by Ishan. Test-match stuff and MI turning the screws now. Madhwal on a hat-trick too.

Pooran c Ishan Kishan b Akash Madhwal 0(1)

Narper 2023-05-24 17:20:18 

In reply to Halliwell

Pouty from MI scared him wink

Barry 2023-05-24 18:08:52 

In reply to Narper

He do better than sh!tmeyer
You find certain men aggressive like Majorie Green right? razz confused

Barry 2023-05-24 18:09:39 

In reply to Halliwell

Sh!tmeyer happens razz

FuzzyWuzzy 2023-05-24 22:47:45 

He gone back into overdraft now?