The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Blinken Begging Mission for Cease Fire

Page: previous  1
Slipfeeler 3/26/24, 12:24:27 AM
Slipfeeler avatar image

debut: 12/22/15
7,430 runs

In reply to Walco

But if US sent forces to protect Aid workers and the starving Palestinians lining up at Aid trucks, why would Hamas attack them? It would not be in Hamas best interest or the interest of the Palestinians, desperately yearning for ceasefire.
- edited -
KTom 3/26/24, 10:48:16 AM
KTom avatar image

debut: 7/22/22
784 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Many of us have been brainwashed into believing that the modern State of Israel is the same biblical Israel, but knowledge and wisdom now prevail among the youth of today, we know who are the real Jews.

Who are they?
Slipfeeler 3/26/24, 10:59:26 AM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,430 runs

In reply to KTom

Learn, obtain knowledge and acquaint yourself Tom. I am sure like everyone else, you walk around with a cellphone or have access to computers which have a great amount of information, do your own research, for I can guess that you might not be willing to accept whatever I tell you, so teach yourself!
- edited -
KTom 3/26/24, 11:03:19 AM
KTom avatar image

debut: 7/22/22
784 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

You're sounding evasive.

knowledge and wisdom now prevail among the youth of today

Where did they learn it - YouTube and Tiktok?
XDFIX 3/26/24, 12:52:24 PM
XDFIX avatar image

debut: 3/2/03
17,102 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

You are losing it, bro!
Walco 3/26/24, 1:35:29 PM
Walco avatar image

debut: 6/22/08
13,346 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

But if US sent forces to protect Aid workers and the starving Palestinians lining up at Aid trucks, why would Hamas attack them? It would not be in Hamas best interest or the interest of the Palestinians, desperately yearning for ceasefire.

The Palestinian people are definitely yearning for a ceasefire. But if Hamas really wanted a ceasefire, they would have agreed to the ceasefire proposal involving hostage/prisoner releases that is already on the table and was agreed to by the Israelis. I am by no means a fan of Netanyahu - in fact, I think he is the devil. But the notion that Hamas genuinely cares about the Palestinian people and has their best interests at heart misses the mark by some distance.
Slipfeeler 3/26/24, 1:58:41 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,430 runs

In reply to XDFIX

If you guys cannot take the time to research and educate yourselves then you deserve to live in ignorance. big grin
Slipfeeler 3/26/24, 2:04:05 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,430 runs

In reply to Walco

I think you are buying too much into Israeli propaganda Machine, as Israel has no desire for ceasefire with or without hostages. In fact, the same hostages are the only factor keeping Israel from inflicting more damage and more loss of lives. Do not buy into Western media and their massaging of reality.
Brerzerk 3/26/24, 2:41:13 PM
Brerzerk avatar image

debut: 3/16/21
10,202 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

Are you both partially wrong?
a. Hamas would be willing to 'martyr' more innocent Palestinians if it achieved their ends.
b. Each time a ceasefire of any length was agreed to Hamas released captives/hostages in exchange for Palestinian detainees
c. I too believe that outside of the political calculation that it would destroy them Hamas would be willing to take pot shots at
US troops handling humanitarian aid
Walco 3/26/24, 2:48:15 PM
Walco avatar image

13,346 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

It's not that complicated boss. If the Israeli propaganda machine is at work, then Hamas should call their bluff and agree to the temporary ceasefire on the table. There are two possible outcomes. Either Israel backs out and continues to be condemned around the world, or there is a temporary ceasefire and starving Palestinians get much needed food aid.

You seem to have sympathy for Hamas, but I doubt you would ever choose to live in Gaza under Hamas rule.
Slipfeeler 3/26/24, 3:48:44 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,430 runs

In reply to Walco

Tag team I love it!!

Anyway, where have I insinuated any sympathy for Hamas? I am concern about the regular Palestinians who are suffering and facing death on a daily basis. But it’s difficult to extricate themselves from Hamas, therefore Hamas is implicated in any decisions or outcome plans.
Walco 3/26/24, 6:20:41 PM
Walco avatar image

13,346 runs

In reply to Slipfeeler

cool
carl0002 3/27/24, 1:06:28 PM
carl0002 avatar image

debut: 4/16/03
25,573 runs

In reply to Walco

Hamas know that without a permanent ceasefire there is no use giving up all dem hostages as its only the hostages standing between them and complete destruction.
Slipfeeler 3/27/24, 1:34:16 PM
Slipfeeler avatar image

7,430 runs

In reply to carl0002

Thank you Carloo, yet they claim I am losing it
big grin
Walco 3/27/24, 9:41:21 PM
Walco avatar image

13,346 runs

In reply to carl0002

The notion that Hamas can be completely destroyed is a fantasy. The United States had similar fantasies in Afghanistan and Iraq. Israel can destroy every building in Gaza, but Hamas will rise from the ashes. In fact, Israel's campaign of death and destruction in Gaza is the best recruitment tool for Hamas.
carl0002 3/27/24, 10:26:41 PM
carl0002 avatar image

debut: 4/16/03
25,573 runs

[b]In reply to Walco[/]
Of course its a fantasy and as you correctly stated that's what the US is warning Israel about. But what if Israel have a different goal outcome, then only the presence of the hostages can prevent them from making a full scale attempt. What if Israel considers every male, young, old middle age as a potential Hamas soldier. They have then created a situation where they can continue to hunt down Hamas until all potential HAMAS recruits are dead as they know they have created the greatest recruitment tool for Hamas.

So while we are here thinking that getting rid of Hamas means getting rid of their leadership and soldiers with a gun. Israel already assumes that any male can be Hamas which really gives you a sinister perspective on when they will consider Hamas destroyed. And remember Netanyahu said that 2 state solution is not an option.
- edited -
Walco 3/28/24, 10:29:39 AM
Walco avatar image

13,346 runs

In reply to carl0002
Regarding the goals and beliefs of the current Israeli government, I would add Netanyahu's incentive to prolong the war to avoid going to jail. But I have doubt that Netanyahu genuinely cares about the safety of the Israeli hostages. He pays lip service to the idea of getting back hostages, but has killed a good number of them already, and an assault on Rafah will likely kill more.

I recently saw an interview with a radical right wing Israeli "leader" who said that the Palestinians forfeited their right to live in Gaza when Hamas attacked Israel on October 7. This woman was advocating pushing the Palestinians out of Gaza and setting up Israeli settlements there. These are some of the people who support Netanyahu. You can't be in favor of a two state solution and continue allowing Israelis to establish settlements in the occupied territories.
- edited -
Page: previous  1