Ok, religious folks....

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  next 
link black Joined: Feb 28, 2004
1/11/17 8:46:59 PM 
In reply to pelon

Ok, but why would God give us the capacity, if he didn't want us to question his work?

It's like parents saying, "do as I say, not as I do".

link bravos Joined: Oct 14, 2009
1/11/17 8:53:56 PM 
In reply to black

Have they infected pelon!!!? shock

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/11/17 8:57:56 PM 
In reply to bravos

lol lol lol

He is trying not to offend.

link pelon Joined: Mar 22, 2008
1/11/17 9:52:16 PM 
In reply to bravos

Impossible to infect! Inoculated for decades... smile

You can't turn back once you've seen the light. I stand by my empathy for those that worship to mysticism.

De two of you seem to lack empathy for those that MUST believe. (fear of damnation and thing...) smile

lol lol

1/11/17 10:37:14 PM 
In reply to pelon

I fear no dog! Much less dalmatian! smile

1/11/17 10:37:25 PM 
In reply to black

smile smile

1/11/17 10:49:24 PM 
In reply to bravos

lol - corrected! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

1/11/17 10:51:57 PM 
In reply to bravos

I fear no dog! Much less dalmatian

lol lol lol

link Norm Joined: Nov 28, 2002
1/12/17 1:41:12 AM 
In reply to black
Am busy! Will be back when I could to "try" with allyuh hopeless rasses. smile

Meanwhile, Prako is doing a great job. Has peon, er pelon, by the scruff of his neck. He'll soon become calbo!

1/12/17 7:51:20 AM 
In reply to Norm

Meanwhile, Prako is doing a great job. Has peon, er pelon, by the scruff of his neck. He'll soon become calbo!

You know norm, when I was younger, I used to love boxing, I couldn't understand why everyone would say my fighter lost, when I saw him as winning. As it turned out, I only saw the blows my fighter threw, not what he was taking.

link Ayenmol Joined: May 4, 2003
1/12/17 8:34:27 AM 
All attempt can be made to present evolution as fact and the work of the learned. But evolution continues to be a theory.

Make fun of the beliefs of others because you can question it. That is your perogative. Those of you who cast thesE doubts have no proof for what you say. All you raise are questions then point to the fact that there are questions so it must be a hoax.
Nonsense.
There are millions of intellectuals who Worship God. There are many who once believed in evolution who, after study of God's word became believers. They try to make it seem that belief in God is a product of indoctrination. Nonsense. Or that people only believe because that is what they were taught as kids...junk! This mentallity simply exposes the motivation of these people, to expouse that they soehow are better than others because they have evolved. They use the idea to try and legitimize the idea!

I can raise any number of questions regarding evolution that not one of them could answer...like the fact that Science itself has shown that the very organisms which they claim were the beginning of life that evolved were themselves complex fully developed lifeforms.

How can nothing come from something? Where did the space, or Space itself come from? Where did the energy that caused the big bang come from? If man is the most evolved why is the Gorilla from which he evolved so much stronger? Why is it that they are all still here as fully formed beings?

Why are there such unbreakable laws that came to be from an event that caused the formation of so many Galaxies? Why is there no chaos? No unexplained occurrences popping up all over?

Why is there such perfect balance? We who can think, make decisions etc, build, form, plan....why can't we form a perfect system but the things around us that can`t think, form, plan, do?

Why do our bodies depend on things we are unaware of? Why are we dependent on things where thEre seems no reason why we are?
Air! Invisible yet the most important and powerful force. Why? Why did our bodies decide thag in order to live we needed this inexhaustible resource that it vould not see or touch?

Why not electricity? Robots can live! They do not need to eat, sleep, drink, breathe etc. So why are we not like them? Instead of having to depend on so many things we cannot control, why not be dependent on just one?
Why does all life depend on the sane basic things to live?
How is it that a random occurrence resulted in every organism working in the same manner? No chaos?

Then there are those who claim the Bible plagiarizes other stories...Then evolution plagiarizes Creation! Because Creation was believed first, and many of the teachings of evolution follows the same pattern as Creation.

There is NOTHING, NOTHING about evolution or Science that proves for a Certainty that God does not exist, and any careful examination raises real questions that has never been answered.

Whether God or evolution you have to at some point make the argument....where did the Energy come from! Science is yet to prove that! Then there are all the laws of zlife...who set them in place? All happened by chance? Unlikely! That disputes the theory of Science itself!

1/12/17 8:45:59 AM 
In reply to black

Where are the blows? None thrown none received.... lol lol lol lol

I said it is futile try to convince a man that the bible contains chronological errors and many of the fables are NOT to be taken literally.

One poster left... and Even Norm agreed! smile Only thing left not is to have a cold Guinness over the weekend. smile

lol lol lol

1/12/17 9:01:37 AM 
In reply to Ayenmol

Make fun of the beliefs of others because you can question it. That is your perogative. Those of you who cast thesE doubts have no proof for wgat you say. All you fo is raise questions then point to the fact that yhere are questions so it must be a hoax.

Nonsense. There are millions of intellectuals who Worship God. There are many who once believed in evolution who, after study oc God's word became believers. They try to make it seem that belief in God is a product of indoctrination. Nonsense.

You might be right, there might very well be a God, but not based on the evidence presented in the bible, that evidence has been proven to be faulty.

1/12/17 9:03:29 AM 
In reply to pelon

One poster left... and Even Norm agreed! smile Only thing left not is to have a cold Guinness over the weekend.

Will do. lol

1/12/17 9:08:33 AM 
In reply to pelon

I said it is futile try to convince a man that the bible contains chronological errors and many of the fables are NOT to be taken literally.

That is simply your oppinion. Quit stating your oppinion as fact!

1/12/17 9:18:18 AM 
In reply to Ayenmol

How can nothing come from something? Where did the space, or Space itself come from? Where did the energy that caused the big bang come from? If man is the most evolved why is the Gorilla from which he evolved so mucb stronger? Why is it that they are all still here as fully formed beings?

I went to the Dallas zoo a few years back and witness Chimpanzees in their man made habitat, I was just amazed at the speed in which those animals moved through the trees, if humans attempted that, someone would get hurt.

As far as strength, humans reply more on brains than brawn.

Genetic evidence has shown that humans are related to primates.

How can nothing come from something? Where did the space, or Space itself come from? Where did the energy that caused the big bang come from?

How can you pose that question to me and not yourself? We know for sure, one theory does not add up.

Then there are those who claim the Bible plagiarizes other stories...Then evolution plagiarizes Creation! Because Creation was believed first, and many of the teachings of evolution follows the same pattern as Creation.

Evolution is rooted in science, the same science that came later and proved many things wrong, including many passages in the bible.

link Tryangle Joined: Jul 11, 2004
1/12/17 9:20:24 AM 
Around 1999 or so I was chatting with an older man and the topic of Genesis came up (he was an SDA). I asked him if he thought the 7 days was to be taken literally or not (eg was each day really representing a period of time that could vary from thousands of years to even greater, because of things like carbon dating). He responded that it was really 7 days, and things like carbon dating do not take into account the effects of sin, as if sin itself was accellerating things like fossilization. I don't know if that theory posted to me is similar to modern day Creationism, and I suppose it's a relatively easy-out for those who subscribe to a literal seven-day creation belief and wish to debunk scientific belief that the world and universe is many, many years older.

link analyst-kid Joined: Feb 22, 2003
1/12/17 9:26:18 AM 
Some things I must add:

1. The Bible clearly states that A DAY IN THE EYES OF THE LORD IS LIKE A THOUSAND YEARS...anyone with any open mind would understand time in the eyes of a powerful immortal spirit would be far different in outlook between a mortal being limited to around 100 years.

2. It is almost impossible for a person skeptical about GOD to understand that Bible. The Bible is filled with God's revelations, his feelings towards us,what he resents, what he loves, his intentions and even his disappointments

3.It is a complete waste of time trying to scientifically rationalise a Supreme Being who speaks and things come to be. The laws of nature and science are created by HIM AND THEY BOW TO HIM.The fact that GOD can/by way of his Son raise the dead to life is one proof of this.

1/12/17 9:28:09 AM 
In reply to Ayenmol

That is simply your opinion. Quit stating your opinion as fact!

It is also his opinion that pigs don't fly.

1/12/17 9:35:13 AM 
In reply to black

Evolution is rooted in science, the same science that came later and proved many things wrong, including many passages in the bible.

And Creation is rooted in history. So? Just about every Scientific belief was first rooted in theory. Then they set about experimenting to prove the theory. When a theory cannot be proven then new theories emerge.
Where is the proof of evolution? All the test that has been done on the very chimpanzees you mention, why have they yet to teach one and have it pass that onto it's offspring genetically?

No matter how much they teach the mothers the offspring are born with the same capacity as the mother was born with!

But those are not broadcast are they? And why is it that man relies on his Brain and not his might?
Would having both not be ideal? Where is it written that the two are exclusive? Both male and female Chimps can leap. Both male and female Gorillas are remarkably strong...same as male and female humans!

It is all constant! Why? Where are the abnormalities than chaos creates? Or is it the work of a designer?

You know like the creator of Apple products have a consistent theme as do those of Microsoft. Or GM and Ford. Or any number of painters...their works carry over with it certain distint patterns...which is what we see in our Universe. Each planet does not have it's own laws does it? Nor does each Galaxy? They may be different in look and even purpose but why have they not all evolved into separate entities governdd by separate laws?

1/12/17 9:38:06 AM 
In reply to analyst-kid

Most of this discussion is focused on the Earth, what about the Universe? God created the Universe within that 7 day window also?

Remember, there are billions of planets and stars out there. Doesn't that give credence to the impossibility of creation by a being?

1/12/17 9:40:43 AM 
In reply to bravos

It is also his opinion that pigs don't fly

Cute...but thats a fact! So why not stick to that which are analgamous to the issues rather than using wit in an attempt to marry apples to oranges?

1/12/17 9:44:06 AM 
In reply to black

Most of this discussion is focused on the Earth, what about the Universe? God created the Universe within that 7 day window also?

We already discussed that....nowhere in the Bible does it even discuss the Creation of the Earth. Rather the Creation of man and making the Earth habitable.

But persons like yourself will never agree to that because it is what you rely on to make your case!

Show us where the Bible discusses the formation of the Universe....

The Bible refers to Jesus as God's Son. It also calls himm the firstborn of all creation! But no where in the Bible does it tell us when Jesus was Created! Or the Angels! So if everything was created in the "days" mentioned in Genesis, where do they fit?

1/12/17 9:46:07 AM 
In reply to analyst-kid

Look guys, the Earth is a MASSIVE physical structure, it is not something you can wish and make happen. Stop watching reruns of "I dream of Genie".

1/12/17 9:49:46 AM 
In reply to black

it is not something you can wish and make happen. Stop watching reruns of "I dream of Genie

Yet you believe it happened in a big "Bang"! Talk about genie....? Pouf!

And am still waiting for you to show me where the Bible says that the Universe or even the Galaxy was formed in the Creative "Days"!

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink

Pages: previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  next